Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Ralph

Enthusiast
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Been a number of StGeorge threads with updates to the deals but still old thread titles. Was becoming confusing I think so here's a new thread for the latest (updated) StGeorge offering.

80,000 QFF points for $0 (first year).

Spend $4000 within first 90 days.

2 QFF lounge passes.

Ends March 6, 2019.

'Existing customers who currently hold a Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. The bonus points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks after the eligible spend criteria is met.'

Use this link:

Amplify Signature | St.George

"Eligible purchases do not include BPAY or BPAY equivalent transactions, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, refunds, balance transfers debited from the card account, government fees and ATO payments."

Now, what are BPAY equivalent transactions?

Its 0.75 QFF points per $ spent. However, there does not appear to be a cap on the max points earned per month.

I have to wait until May for another St George offer. Hope something fee free is still available then.

Been a number of StGeorge threads with updates to the deals but still old thread titles. Was becoming confusing I think so here's a new thread for the latest (updated) StGeorge offering.

2 QFF lounge passes.

Ends March 6, 2019.

'Existing customers who currently hold a Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature card issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA, or who have held one in the last 12 months, are not eligible for this offer. The bonus points will be credited to your points balance within 12 weeks after the eligible spend criteria is met.'

Use this link:

Hi Guys Is the $0 fee still elgible for any new applicaton has anyone tried after the Dec 2018 cut off dates?

This is a new offer. There is no December 2018 cut off date. If you haven't had a St George card in the last 12 months you could apply.

Available between "21st January and 6th March 2019."

"Eligible purchases do not include BPAY or BPAY equivalent transactions, fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, refunds, balance transfers debited from the card account, government fees and ATO payments."

Does anyone know what a BPAY equivalent transaction is? If I pay the bill by directly going to the billers website and using my credit card, will it be considered a BPAY equivalent transaction?

Does anyone know what a BPAY equivalent transaction is? If I pay the bill by directly going to the billers website and using my credit card, will it be considered a BPAY equivalent transaction?
I believe a Bpay equivalent transaction is a transaction which is treated like a cash advance. Wont be common, but likely things such as buying foreign currency.

I believe a Bpay equivalent transaction is a transaction which is treated like a cash advance. Wont be common, but likely things such as buying foreign currency.

Or placing a bet using your credit card.

Hang on a minute, did I read that right w.r.t. [BADMAN] payments? I haven't done one in awhile but this is one of the remaining few cards that can pay the [BADMAN] outright with full points earn. Would be a bit of a blow to not be able to any more :/
That statement has been present for some time. But it has been slipping through nonetheless. Although this could change at anytime.

Last edited:
That statement has been present for some time. But it has been slipping through nonetheless. Although this could change at anytime.

Oh right yes, that's right! Totally forgotten the 30+ pages of discussion in that other thread. Going to delete my former comment now.

Likely. I do recall being charged a cash advance fee for buying a lottery ticket.

HSBC got me with a cash advance fee and interest (even though full balance paid on time) for placing a bet on the Melbourne Cup for Mrs_O.

First time I have ever placed a bet online. I could stomach the cash advance fee but the interest really got up my nose. I won't be doing that again.

HSBC got me with a cash advance fee and interest (even though full balance paid on time) for placing a bet on the Melbourne Cup for Mrs_O.

First time I have ever placed a bet online. I could stomach the cash advance fee but the interest really got up my nose. I won't be doing that again.
Similarly stung with my online lottery ticket purchase. Lesson learnt!

2 QFF lounge passes.

Ends March 6, 2019.

Use this link:

If I pay my utility bills like synergy/council rates/gas bill/ using BPAY as a direct debit will this be eligible for the 4K limit in 90 days for getting 80K bonus points

If I pay my utility bills like synergy/council rates/gas bill/ using BPAY as a direct debit will this be eligible for the 4K limit in 90 days for getting 80K bonus points
Do not use Bpay if you want the transaction to count is my advice.

Pay the bill using the credit card directly on the billers website without using BPAY.

Meeting the spend is the least of my worries and I'm a low spender! More pressing is the bad reports of StG, random declined applications and chasing up the bonus points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back