Status credits on VA coded flight on Singapore Airlines?

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by mileshigh, Nov 10, 2018 at 6:51 PM.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. mileshigh

mileshigh Newbie

Saturday
    Longtime reader, first-time poster :D

I recently flew a VA coded flight to Bali via Singapore in October. The points have come across into my account but no status credits were awarded.

I have read the Status Credit table carefully and the flight appears to be eligible but maybe I am reading it wrong.

The fare types flown were Q and V economy on VA coded flights. Are these eligible for status credits?

Thanks in advance!

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    If it is VA coded then you should earn as per the fare bucket.

It's very strange that no SC were earned but points were!

3. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    As long as your booking is ticketed with a VA flight number you will fine: (Earn Tables)

4. jase05

jase05 Member

Jan 24, 2018
    “Earn Status Credits when you travel in an eligible class on Singapore Airlines operated flights, with an SQ, MI or VA flight number. The Status Credits you earn depends on where you fly and fare purchased.”

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. tdpali

tdpali Intern

Dec 22, 2010
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Put in a claim on the Velocity page, you should get them. I'll be doing the same after my return flights to Europe with Etihad. 2 flights got status credits, 2 didn't. Always need to check.

6. mileshigh

mileshigh Newbie

Saturday
    Thank you for all your help! I'll wait to see if the status credits show up :)

If not, I'll submit another missing points claim.

7. haymish

haymish Junior Member

Dec 6, 2012
    I'm having issues claiming my recent SQ flights which were denied by the missing point claim.

8. Blinky

Blinky Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Melbourne
    My recent SQ and Silk Air points and SCs turned up within a week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. mileshigh

mileshigh Newbie

Saturday
    Did VA give you any explanation about why it was denied?

Thanks, Blinky. Good to know it's working for some travellers.

10. mileshigh

mileshigh Newbie

Saturday
    Update: All miles have been credited from my flights - still missing 65 credit points though...

What is the recommended way to follow-up on the missing SCs? It's been three weeks since the flights.

EDIT: Found this on the Velocity site. Guess I have to just wait till 6 weeks have passed.
    • Partner airline claims take between 4 to 6 weeks to process.
    • If successful, eligible Points and/or Status Credits will be automatically credited to your Account.

11. williamsf1

williamsf1 Established Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Berlin
    Something does not add up ..... Very unusual for points to appear but no SC on the associated flights ... Its all or nothing

Are you sure you do not have family pooling set up and the SC went there? Or was this Government travel ?

I would call and ask for an explanation of where the SC are and go from there

• Agree Agree x 2