Card Promotions St George Amplify Signature card with sign-up bonus points

jinks485

Intern
Point Hacks have an exclusive deal for 200,000 bonus Amplify points with the St George Amplify Signature card.

The bonus is spread out over two years. You get 100k points when you spend $12k in the first year and the same again in the second year.

The first year annual fee is $0 and in the second it's the regular $279.

This is a great deal if you're OK with holding the card for longer.

Ends 6 March.

St.George Amplify Signature Visa Amplify Rewards - Point Hacks Review

I hate this emerging trend of making you hold the card for greater than 12 months to get the maximum bonus available.

Just remember that 200,000 Amplify points only equals 100,000 Velocity points. And you'll need to pay the annual fee to get the full bonus. So $279 for 100,000 Velocity points is really wants being offered here. When you'll get all of those points awarded to your account isn't clear. But it will definitely be more than 12 months before you see the 200,000.

Biggest problem I see is being locked in to this card for such an extended period of time. In the same amount of time I could easily have churned 500,000 worth of Velocity points by using other cards.

I hope that this is not a popular offer as I do not want to see a trend of these long term deals being the norm.

Last edited:
It's a pretty good offer for someone getting this card and intending to keep it for the long term, especially for those keen on KF redemptions, assuming that earn rates and the conversion rate to KF doesn't change.

It's a pretty good offer for someone getting this card and intending to keep it for the long term, especially for those keen on KF redemptions, assuming that earn rates and the conversion rate to KF doesn't change.

Based on other recent offerings from St George, I can't agree.

I realise it's for QFF points, but surely this is a much better deal:

StGeorge Amplify Signature - 80,000 QFF bonus points for $0 fee

This current offering would have to be the only one that was available for me to consider it.

Last edited:
PointHacks has really morphed into the CreditCard/Amex Advert site recently I feel.
Much better here.
Yeah they are retargeting me and I see their card offers all over the web now. I know they need to make an income from the affiliate sales, but I think they are prioritizing card promotions over creating great content.

I hate to say this, but given the amount of offers being run by St George/BoM/BankSA over the past 12 months, along with other card providers changes during this time, an enhancement seems it may be imminent for these cards

I hate this emerging trend of making you hold the card for greater than 12 months to get the maximum bonus available.

I think CC companies are finally trying to actually ensure your 'loyalty', which some AFFers have previous complained about (in an ironic sense only) that if CC companies want loyalty they need to incentivise it. Ergo, deals like these (something Citibank's started doing some time ago).

Agree that it's annoying, but I absolutely see why it might be good sense for it to happen.

Agree with a lot of the sentiments here. This is not an offer for 200k pts, it’s an offer for 100k pts. I have no interest in holding credit cards for long periods.

The gig is up!
credit card companies have obviously hated this emerging trend of people signing up for new cards just to get the bonuses and then cancelling them before 12 months.

$279 for 50K velocity points is a good deal - I value them personally at $500 (and 2 x Priority Pass) I wish I had of got this offer. I just signed up a month ago.

The gig is up!
Highly unlikely.

But, as usual the game changes.

This is a great deal if you're OK with holding the card for longer.
$279 for 50K velocity points is a good deal .
Everyone is of course free to make their own evaluation of the deal and decide whether or not to take it up, but it's a cough deal in my view. So many much more rewarding offers have been available. In fact I think this is close to the worst value for 50K that I recall in the last 12 months.

Last edited:
The gig is up!
credit card companies have obviously hated this emerging trend of people signing up for new cards just to get the bonuses and then cancelling them before 12 months.

$279 for 50K velocity points is a good deal - I value them personally at $500 (and 2 x Priority Pass) I wish I had of got this offer. I just signed up a month ago.

If you signed up a month ago doesn't that mean you got 50k Velocity for no fee? Surely that's better

If you signed up a month ago doesn't that mean you got 50k Velocity for no fee? Surely that's better

100,000 VFF for $279 is better than 50,000 VFF for $0

tell me where you can buy 50k VFF points for ~ 0.6c a point, and I am on it!

100,000 VFF for $279 is better than 50,000 VFF for $0

tell me where you can buy 50k VFF points for ~ 0.6c a point, and I am on it!

Hmm, understood. Although, the equation isn't quite that simple:

Previous offer: 50k Velocity for $0 fee and only $4000 spend.

This offer: 50k Velocity for $0 fee after $12,000 spend and then 50k Velocity for $279 after you have spent another $12,000 a year down the track

There is quite the wait for that extra 50k velocity (and a lot more spend!). A wait that may include a devaluation!!

It is kind of an obvious response though, churning is now more attractive than holding. So they need to do something to try and get people to hold, and while clearly not attractive to us, not everyone wants the hassle of churning.

I hate to say this, but given the amount of offers being run by St George/BoM/BankSA over the past 12 months, along with other card providers changes during this time, an enhancement seems it may be imminent for these cards

This has crossed my mind recently too. I hope we are wrong.

There is quite the wait for that extra 50k velocity (and a lot more spend!). A wait that may include a devaluation!!
well if someone cant wait, and someone qualify then its not a deal for some. doesnt make it a bad deal, the ROI is the same

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back