St George Amplify Platinum 60k bonus Qantas Points $49 reduced first year annual card fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdser

Intern

60K Bonus Qantas Points*
When you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases on a new card within 90 days of card approval

$49 Reduced First Year Annual Card Fee
$99 usually** New cards only.

Offer ends 12th February 2020
0.5 point/$
spent on eligible purchases

Rates and fees

$49 annual card fee for the first year. ($99 thereafter)**
0.5 point earned for every dollar spent on eligible purchases2
19.74% p.a. low variable interest rate on purchases
21.49% p.a. variable cash advance rate
0% p.a. for 6 months on balance transfers requested at new card application.# Rate then switches to variable cash advance rate.

This offer is coming to a close with end of September approaching although maybe too late as one has to be approved within that time.

The equivalent Amplify Signature deal with 90k QF points or 200K amplify points and Qantas Premier Platinum also closing EOM.

It will be interesting to see what further offers come to the market before Christmas as one who has or is awaiting the exclusion period with ANZ, NAB & Westpac seems to have limited options from October onwards.

Doesn’t help that Velocity earning cards are still little uncertain so fingers crossed that Amex are willing to offer a higher Membership Rewards Card in the coming months, Explorer please 😉

All the StGeorge card offers have been extended until 9 February 2021.

The Qantas Platinum version is now 70k bonus points whilst the Signature is still 90K bonus, wouldn’t go for this with the extra $180 AF & $4,5k spend requirement.

Thankfully the Amplify Signature card still has 200k bonus if one is keen for KrisFlyer miles.

Hi all - does the Amplify Platinum earn points on ATO payments? I know some other Amplify cards do but not certain about the Platinum specifically.

I think the Ampify cards overall will still earn point on ATO payments up until December 2020.

I just got the Amplify Qantas Platinum as part of the previous 60k offer ($2000 in 3 months). Pretty nifty that we can add additional card holders at no extra cost.

Seems like this offer got upsized to 70k QFF point at the expense of non-discounted annual fee ($99), which still looks quite reasonable.

Amplify Platinum

Westpac has an even better one with no annual fee, but i'm still sitting out their exclusion period. I might bite the bullet and apply for this.

When the/if dragon card is cancelled with lots of amplify points still in the account, what happens to those points after the car cancellations? Do they need to be all moved?

@get me outta here
when i cancelled mine last time a couple of years back, i remember them giving something like 30 days grace period to use the points and after that they are forfeited. Wouldn't hurt to ask them or look for t&c's, especially if having a large balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back