So 28° now has an available Cash limit as well as the basic credit limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnK

Veteran Member
Another twist to the saga. Apparently 28 Degrees now has an available Cash withdrawal limit as well as the available credit limit.

I have a $5,500 with $2,950 available. I was trying to withdraw $380 and could not. I was confused. Call 28 degrees today and was told about this new feature. Apparently my cash withdrawal limit is $2,800 while my credit limit is $5,500.

Not happy. I will call them again next week before I go overseas and I want the cash withdrawal feature to be made unavailable on my card.

Re: 28° Mastercard Cash Advances while overseas [No more free cash advances from 1/1/

you've had months of warning - even if there hadn't been a cash limit, wouldn't it have been better to get a Citibank Plus account in October?

Re: 28° Mastercard Cash Advances while overseas [No more free cash advances from 1/1/

you've had months of warning - even if there hadn't been a cash limit, wouldn't it have been better to get a Citibank Plus account in October?
What is a Citibank Plus account? Savings? I am not interested in having access to my savings via an ATM.

I have a Citibank Readycredit which I will more than likely use again for cash withdrawals.

a transaction account that charges no foreign exchange or foreign atm fees.

okiedokie.

A citibank redecredit charges maybe 3% on overseas cash withdrawals - the citbank plus debit down not.

Withdraw $500 worth of foreign currency with the redecredit and you will be charged around $515, do the same with the debit visa and be charge $500.

More here: http://www.australianfrequentflyer....avel-money/citibank-plus-no-fee-no-34155.html

What is a Citibank Plus account? Savings? I am not interested in having access to my savings via an ATM.

It's a normal daily transaction account with BSB and account number, with access to Westpac group ATMs. Just like a Commonwealth Bank Streamline account, but fee free everything, no catches. I would happy use it as my normal day to day transaction account of not because I have a home loan off set with another bank.

You've been given 6 months of warning, and plenty of advise on alternatives here. Seriously!

A citibank redecredit charges maybe 3% on overseas cash withdrawals - the citbank plus debit down not.

Withdraw $500 worth of foreign currency with the redecredit and you will be charged around $515, do the same with the debit visa and be charge $500.

The main difference is that one of them is a credit facility; the other one is a debit facility.

Whilst you could advocate that people should never cash advance to basically obtain money which they absolutely do not have......

The main difference is that one of them is a credit facility; the other one is a debit facility.

Whilst you could advocate that people should never cash advance to basically obtain money which they absolutely do not have......
My comparative post was in the context of this thread - in getting foreign currency cheaply overseas which had been basically been done by using the 28 degree card as a debit card.

It's a normal daily transaction account with BSB and account number, with access to Westpac group ATMs. Just like a Commonwealth Bank Streamline account, but fee free everything, no catches. I would happy use it as my normal day to day transaction account of not because I have a home loan off set with another bank.
That works for you. Fantastic. I do not want ATM access to any of my savings accounts including home loans. I pay with credit card or cash. I do not have a transaction account with an ATM card attached.

I need a credit card with free withdrawals in Australia. It used to be Citibank Readycredit before Wizard/28 Degrees came along. I will have to return to that again although their 9 digit account number and inconsistent recognition of the 16 digit card number is a little confusing.

That leaves me without an option to withdraw credit overseas without paying an overseas cash withdrawal fee. I take cash with me and only need cash from ATM in emergency. Citibank Readycredit will have to fulfill that role at a cost of 3%.

You've been given 6 months of warning, and plenty of advise on alternatives here. Seriously!
Is that a collective "You" or you referring to me? I only found out recently and I am still finding out things that I thought did not exist.

Cash withdrawal limit different to available credit limit. I have never ever heard of that one. And no I am not referring to daily cash withdrawal limit.

It is just a case of learning to adapt.

That works for you. Fantastic. I do not want ATM access to any of my savings accounts including home loans. I pay with credit card or cash. I do not have a transaction account with an ATM card attached.
Yep, it works for a huge number of people - just read these forums. The Visa Debit Card attached to the Citibank Plus account let's you use it like a credit card whenever you wish (you select credit when purchasing, except that you use your own funds), and is fee free and forex free just as it is for ATM withdrawals. Certainly attractive compared to my Citibank Signature Rewards credit card which slugged me $300 in forex and fees on top of a $7800 air fare purchased in GBP last week !

I do not want ATM access to any of my savings accounts including home loans. I pay with credit card or cash. I do not have a transaction account with an ATM card attached.

OK, let me repeat.

Citibank Plus is a transaction account with BSB and account number and ATM card, just like a Streamline transaction account from Which Bank. What does this have anything to do with your existing home loan?

Let me ask you this question. If you have your home loan and off set with ANZ Banking, then you go to Westpac and open a transaction account with ATM card, what does your Westpac account have anything to do with your home loan / off set with ANZ? Nothing. Your will have your home loan with ANZ, you still have your off set with ANZ with ANZ BSB number and ANZ ATM card. You will also have your Westpac account with Westpac BSB and Westpac ATM card. Westpac would have nothing to do with ANZ.

So, in my case, I have my home loans and off set accounts with FirstMac and Suncorp Metway, but I also leave $100 in my Citibank Plus transaction account, so I can use my Citibank Plus ATM card with Citibank ATMs or when I am overseas. Citibank have nothing to do with my accounts in FirstMac or Suncorp Metway, Suncorp Metway have nothing to do with FirstMac, and etc.

And this is what everyone in the Citibank thread is doing.

Last edited:

OK, let me repeat.

Citibank Plus is a transaction account with BSB and account number and ATM card, just like a Streamline transaction account from Which Bank. What does this have anything to do with your existing home loan?

Let me ask you this question. If you have your home loan and off set with ANZ Banking, then you go to Westpac and open a transaction account with ATM card, what does your Westpac account have anything to do with your home loan / off set with ANZ? Nothing. Your will have your home loan with ANZ, you still have your off set with ANZ with ANZ BSB number and ANZ ATM card. You will also have your Westpac account with Westpac BSB and Westpac ATM card. Westpac would have nothing to do with ANZ.

So, in my case, I have my home loans and off set accounts with FirstMac and Suncorp Metway, but I also leave $100 in my Citibank Plus transaction account, so I can use my Citibank Plus ATM card with Citibank ATMs or when I am overseas. Citibank have nothing to do with my accounts in FirstMac or Suncorp Metway.

And this is what everyone in the Citibank thread is doing.

Don't bother. Some concepts are to hard to understand for some people. I can't even understand the problem that they are trying to outline. They clearly don't understand the concept of security and limiting damage for lost cards. I'm not sure it's possible to also understand that a completely separate transaction account is completely separate.

Meanwhile, the rest of us can continue to enjoy the benefits of Citibank plus

As for the separate question about the usefulness of the fee free signature card. Perhaps people missed the fee free bit. This is a card that will allow me to earn 1 QF points /$ for $49 a year on a Visa card. That's better than $99 for the woollies EDR card.

Meanwhile, the rest of us can continue to enjoy the benefits of Citibank plus

As for the separate question about the usefulness of the fee free signature card. Perhaps people missed the fee free bit. This is a card that will allow me to earn 1 QF points /$ for $49 a year on a Visa card. That's better than $99 for the woollies EDR card.

Or, if you do spend a lot overseas, it's not a bad way (admittedly not a super cheap) way to generate lots of points. It works at at about 1.2c/ VA or SQ point on international spend.

So is this thread about 28 degrees or not?

OK, let me repeat.

Thanks for your patience. I am a little slow.

So you are talking about a transaction account? I am after a credit card with no fees.

Don't bother. Some concepts are to hard to understand for some people. I can't even understand the problem that they are trying to outline. They clearly don't understand the concept of security and limiting damage for lost cards. I'm not sure it's possible to also understand that a completely separate transaction account is completely separate.
Why do you bother?

So you are talking about a transaction account? I am after a credit card with no fees.
Well unless you like to keep a debt on your credit card and run up interest charges, the attached Citibank Plus Visa Debit card has all the free forex and zero fees perks and works exactly like a Visa credit card, right up to pressing the 'credit' button.

Well unless you like to keep a debt on your credit card and run up interest charges, the attached Citibank Plus Visa Debit card has all the free forex and zero fees perks and works exactly like a Visa credit card, right up to pressing the 'credit' button.
I have been looking at further details for this card.

I dont care about paying interest for a few days. What I need is a credit card where I can withdraw money in Australia fee free up to my available credit limit. I may pay interest on the amounts for 1 week. It could be 2 weeks. It could be 3 weeks. I dont care about interest charges. I care about ATM fees.

I also want to dump balance transfers from other credit cards into the credit card and then withdraw the amounts daily.

Occasionally I will also use the card overseas to withdraw cash. Not very often but as a last resort.

I dont care about overseas purchases. I dont care about points.

I used to be able to do it all with 28 Degrees. Now I can't. And 28 Degrees is surprising me every day. It would be nice to find an alternate credit card with the same features. I shall keep looking.

This is AFF. We are all different.

I dont care about paying interest for a few days. What I need is a credit card where I can withdraw money in Australia fee free up to my available credit limit. I may pay interest on the amounts for 1 week. It could be 2 weeks. It could be 3 weeks. I dont care about interest charges. I care about ATM fees.

I also want to dump balance transfers from other credit cards into the credit card and then withdraw the amounts daily

What you are really looking for is overdraft facility, not a credit card. Citibank has Ready Credit, which is an overdraft facility. You are trying to use the wrong tool for the wrong purpose, just like you should be using a satellite phone when working in a mine in the outback, but instead you are crying that Telstra does not have coverage in the mine you work at.

The 28 Degree is recommended here for overseas transaction, not as overdraft.

You are effectively coming into the wrong thread asking for something completely has nothing to do with this thread. It's like a bunch of people talking about international mobile phone roaming, then you come here asking about which is the best mobile network in Australia.

Just FYI, I have never seen a credit card with no cash advance (ATM) fee other than the old Wizard now 28 Degree.

Why do you bother?

I know. But I do like the help others avoid the pain of trying to address one of your typical complaints.

I know. But I do like the help others avoid the pain of trying to address one of your typical complaints.
And this is a typical complaint?

What you are really looking for is overdraft facility, not a credit card. Citibank has Ready Credit, which is an overdraft facility. You are trying to use the wrong tool for the wrong purpose, just like you should be using a satellite phone when working in a mine in the outback, but instead you are crying that Telstra does not have coverage in the mine you work at.

The 28 Degree is recommended here for overseas transaction, not as overdraft.
An overdraft is not required. I was using the right tool for the right purpose. There was no user guide for 28 Degrees that said had to be used for overseas cash withdrawals only. It was a one size fits all product. Sad to see it go.

You are effectively coming into the wrong thread asking for something completely has nothing to do with this thread. It's like a bunch of people talking about international mobile phone roaming, then you come here asking about which is the best mobile network in Australia.
That is a little harsh. I was able to use the 28 Degrees card just as well as you. I paid no cash withdrawal fees in Australia. You paid no cash withdrawal fees overseas.

Just FYI, I have never seen a credit card with no cash advance (ATM) fee other than the old Wizard now 28 Degree.
There were a number of them around for many years.

Thanks for your help. Citibank Readycredit will have to do for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back