Skyteam lounge access - Sydney airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bell21

One of my family has a supp card of my AMEX Plat card and b/c they were trying to get a group of 6 into lounges before flying internationally at Sydney airport, I had suggested that he take 2 of them to the skyteam lounge, and then 4 into the AMEX lounge (3 on AMEX Plat and using a complimentary pass with the Plat reserve card for 4th). I checked with AMEX before suggesting this to them, as I didn't want them to face any complications getting in. AMEX said it was perfectly fine.

The Skyteam lounge refused access on the basis that we couldn't use a Plat card to enter the skyteam lounge, as there was another plaza premium run lounge (AMEX lounge) in the airport. My family member put the front desk person on the phone to me and I calmly explained that I'd never heard of such a rule, but she was adamant, and I didn't push it further, not being there.

Has anyone heard of this rule?

(Personally, I think it's b/c my family member is in his early 20s, as were many of the group, so I think the rule was 'invented', but I could be wrong... it did have a good outcome, as they allowed 5 into amex lounge via Plat and Plat reserve card and I paid $55 for 6th person, which I still felt was a good outcome, and they loved the experience, being their first time in a lounge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back