Status
Not open for further replies.

deanasec

Hi All,

Having seen the new 75k Qantas FF black card with minimum $7500 first 3 months, I roughly pay that much in rent every 3 months and was wondering if anyone knows if you can pay rent and have those funds count towards the spend requirement?

I have to pay my rent via Bpay.

Seems a shame to waste so much opportunity to put those payments to good use when i could be acquiring the minimum spend with it.

Cheers

Deana

Last edited:
deana does the recipient of your rental pmts have CC facility to accept pmts? If YES then it's a no brainer.

Thanks, i'm in the process of checking that out now but for now i'm presuming they do not and just wanted to check what the options were in the event they will only accept Bpay. Is Bpay generally considered no good for counting towards the spend amount?

Cheers!

Thanks, i'm in the process of checking that out now but for now i'm presuming they do not and just wanted to check what the options were in the event they will only accept Bpay. Is Bpay generally considered no good for counting towards the spend amount?

Cheers!

You generally can't make credit card payments through Bpay. So you'll want to make sure they actually accept direct card payments.

One other option for you is Rental Rewards. For a smallish surcharge, they accept CC payments and then forward on to real estate agent. Allow about a week though for rent payments between CC settlement and payment to the real estate agent (some agents are paid by EFT, the rest by cheque - so you may also potentially want to check with your real estate agent as well).

Is Bpay generally considered no good for counting towards the spend amount?

I believe Bpay will work, as long as the biller accepts credit card via Bpay. Not all billers will. You can check on the Bpay website with the biller code.

Hi All,

I have to pay my rent via Bpay.

I rang ANZ today as I have just received a FF black card and I pay a lot of bills through BPay. The lady I spoke to said the BPay transaction would generate points provided the transaction was not treated as a "cash equivalent" transaction. She said it all depends how the BPay biller processes your transaction. I was advised that the ANZ website would pop up a warning when you entered the biller code if the transaction was going to be treated as a "cash equivalent" transaction. "Cash equivalent" transactions do not accrue points.

Regards
Martin

I rang ANZ today as I have just received a FF black card and I pay a lot of bills through BPay. The lady I spoke to said the BPay transaction would generate points provided the transaction was not treated as a "cash equivalent" transaction. She said it all depends how the BPay biller processes your transaction. I was advised that the ANZ website would pop up a warning when you entered the biller code if the transaction was going to be treated as a "cash equivalent" transaction. "Cash equivalent" transactions do not accrue points.

You can also just check the BPay website:
http://www.bpay.com.au/Personal/Find-Biller-Codes-or-Financial-Institutions.aspx

Also worth noting that in my experience BPay transactions are counted as Visa Card transactions and not AMEX.

So you will most likely earn at the lower Visa rate for the actual points. It's not an issue when clearing bonuses but certainly becomes an issue if you're paying larger bills through BPay!

Also worth noting that in my experience BPay transactions are counted as Visa Card transactions and not AMEX.
QUOTE]

I can confirm that this is correct. the BPay transactions are counted as Visa transactions and therefore only earn 0.75 points per dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back