[Rumour] DJ Amex cutting earn rates for new applicants

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle

Established Member
Overheard someone saying Amex is reducing the earn rates for new applicants from next month. Will see if this is true or not.

Why is this only a rumour, they are reducing for existing members already so why not new members?

Why is this only a rumour, they are reducing for existing members already so why not new members?

There is currently no change to my DJ Amex platinum earn or burn rates. Mine doesn't convert to QFF.

But the points will be worth less from April, so the effective earn rate is decreasing (even though you will still get the same number of points per $). I don't think they'll be decreasing the points per $ either, due to the devaluation.

But the points will be worth less from April, so the effective earn rate is decreasing (even though you will still get the same number of points per $). I don't think they'll be decreasing the points per $ either, due to the devaluation.

Other than changes to gift card and QFF redemptions, no other changes to redemption rates have been notified. Where did you read that the points would be worth less for DJ Amex platinum from April?

Other than changes to gift card and QFF redemptions, no other changes to redemption rates have been notified. Where did you read that the points would be worth less for DJ Amex platinum from April?

I read it here

I didn't do the harder maths for the DJ's cards because I don't have them, but you'd still be transferring the reward points to Amex MR at 1:1, so it's going to be the same type of devaluation.

I read it here

I didn't do the harder maths for the DJ's cards because I don't have them, but you'd still be transferring the reward points to Amex MR at 1:1, so it's going to be the same type of devaluation.

The DJ cards have always been on a different redemption rate for airlines to the Ascent MR program and still remains at 2:1. So as mentioned above, other than gift card and QFF redemption changes, there are no other changes for now.

Will that be the same going forward? I didn't think that Amex were keeping the different MR classes going forward, so there would be no difference between Gateway or Ascent or whatever (although I believe the Plat charge gets to transfer to QFF still).

So, the DJs AMEX existing card is not devaluing in April? (Asking for someone else, as I'm on an 10 mo Amex sabbatical).

So, the DJs AMEX existing card is not devaluing in April? (Asking for someone else, as I'm on an 10 mo Amex sabbatical).

Transfer rate to Qantas is getting snipped in April. So, if they send them to Qantas there will be a change.
I think there is a change for some gift card redemptions as well.

Membership Rewards is changing from three or four different programmes to one, so it will be the same as the others. I think it always had 2:1 on airlines so it’s not being devalued so much as it was already devalued,

Thanks, they send them to VA. Is that status quo?

Transfer rate to Qantas is getting snipped in April. So, if they send them to Qantas there will be a change.
I think there is a change for some gift card redemptions as well.

Will that be the same going forward? I didn't think that Amex were keeping the different MR classes going forward, so there would be no difference between Gateway or Ascent or whatever (although I believe the Plat charge gets to transfer to QFF still).

David Jones Membership Rewards isn't just a different class of MR, it's a totally different program with different redemption options. There has been no credible indication that this is changing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back