Rewards Maximiser OR Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

nowork

Hi Guys,

I currently have a Rewards Maximiser and it is a great card, but I am interested in others opinions if it is worth upgrading to the Platinum.

The only differences i could see are the domestic airfare and the overseas travel insurance.

The flight would be great, because i always book one flight each year anyway.

What other benefits does the Platinum have over the Rewards Maximiser.

Cheers.

Given the earn rate is to drop from 1½ to 1¼ for the first $100Kper annum soon, I'm considering something similar.

As far as I know, the only fee difference is the annual one being higher $192:$395.

Balance this $203 against the "Free Flight/Hotel night" and Free supplementary cards.

Just do your homework on what card transfers to which ff program as, from memory, I don't think points from the AMEX Plat credit card can transfer to QF after April09.

You also get a free subscription to Travel and Living magazine with the Platinum Credit Card - if you read it anyway that'll save you a few dollars (or I'm sure you could always donate it to the local doctor's waiting room if not ;)).

Given the earn rate is to drop from 1½ to 1¼ for the first $100Kper annum soon, I'm considering something similar.

Really...........damn i dont like the idea of that. On to the Platinum. :)

Just do your homework on what card transfers to which ff program as, from memory, I don't think points from the AMEX Plat credit card can transfer to QF after April09.
Nor my (current) Maximizer ...

That's not an issue to me; personally HHonors, SPG, AAdvantage are quite useful!

After the present promotion end in Dec (bonus points for every 10 transactions) we will stop out Gold Maximiser and convert usage to the Amex ultimate.

It costs $450 a year, no supp card fees, one free trip (after eligible purchase with Qantas) and 1.5 points, no cap, and direct tfr of points to QFF.

Seemed a good deal to me, as we purchase QF product each year anyway, so we get a fare for the cost of the card.

Tony

Thats right NO points transfer to QF after April 09!!
$55 more for the QF branded Ultimate Card if you wish
to continue to get QF points,I think I will go to the Ultimate
down the track.

Who needs QFF points? I get a good supply from actually flying - 90% of my usage is for upgrades anyway.

I mean to say, try MEL-SIN-MEL.
  • 60,000 QFF point + $322.35 or
  • $760 + $322.35 ($1082.35) & earn 7½K(NB)-15K(WP) points.
That's a nett per point value of 1.1¢

I can transfer 25000 Ascent direct to HHonors and stay at Singapore Hilton for a night - current cheapest inclusive flexible rate there is ~SGD340 (~AUD350) - that's a nett value per point of 1.4¢.

Who needs QFF points? I get a good supply from actually flying - 90% of my usage is for upgrades anyway.

I mean to say, try MEL-SIN-MEL.
  • 60,000 QFF point + $322.35 or
  • $760 + $322.35 ($1082.35) & earn 7½K(NB)-15K(WP) points.
That's a nett per point value of 1.1¢

I can transfer 25000 Ascent direct to HHonors and stay at Singapore Hilton for a night - current cheapest inclusive flexible rate there is ~SGD340 (~AUD350) - that's a nett value per point of 1.4¢.

You have a point!!!:D

I actually took the offer to upgrade my RM to Platinum credit card, because I need one card for me, one for my girlfriend, one for my sister.

If I had kept using RM, I would pay $192 + $36 + $36 = $264.

Now I am on the platinum credit card, $395 includes the lot, which is only $131 more than RM, but I get:
- one extra card for myself (the 4th card) for business use
- free return QF domestic ticket
- $1 = 1.5 point, RM is only 1.25 point
- travel insurance (domestic and international)
- better customer service

Just the QF flight would cover that $131, and the rests are just goodies.

So it depends on your own situation. I would have stayed with RM if I was by myself (no girlfriend no sister).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back