Repayment options

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanxu

Intern
Hi guys, I recently got the Woolworth Everyday Master Card. I noticed repayment in Woolworth store is also an option. Has anyone done this before? Is there's an extra surcharge? Is this the fastest way to make repayment?

Cheers

Hi guys, I recently got the Woolworth Everyday Master Card. I noticed repayment in Woolworth store is also an option. Has anyone done this before? Is there's an extra surcharge? Is this the fastest way to make repayment?

Cheers

It is the only option to avoid the three delay for funds showing in your account... i.e the dreaded B-pay delay that comes with this card :p

I have done it heaps of times and from my experience any amount up to 15K cash is ok. Furthermore there is no surcharge paying this way, however you are limited with the daily EFTPOS limit if you pay that way

It is the only option to avoid the three delay for funds showing in your account... i.e the dreaded B-pay delay that comes with this card :p

I have done it heaps of times and from my experience any amount up to 15K cash is ok. Furthermore there is no surcharge paying this way, however you are limited with the daily EFTPOS limit if you pay that way

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. Just clarification, there is a limit with the daily EFTPOS? When I had a Westpac credit card, I use to just take cash into the branch and present the credit card over the counter and ask for the deposit. Would I be right to assume I can just bring cash over to the counter at the service counter in a Woolworth store and they can do the deposit for me?

Cheers

Just clarification, there is a limit with the daily EFTPOS?

The EFTPOS limit is based on who you bank with and is commonly set to a daily limit of $1k, however some here have increased this, where possible to make larger payments using EFTPOS

Would I be right to assume I can just bring cash over to the counter at the service counter in a Woolworth store and they can do the deposit for me?

Take your Cash & your Woolworths Everyday Rewards Qantas Mastercard to the customer service desk and they will know what to do...Whole process takes less than a minute, unless you have a big wad of cash for them to count :D

I wonder how a low paid WW Customer Service employee feels counting out $15k cash? :D

The EFTPOS limit is based on who you bank with and is commonly set to a daily limit of $1k, however some here have increased this, where possible to make larger payments using EFTPOS

The EFTPOS limit is also a limit on withdrawals not deposits. Relevant to the OP if they try to make their card payment using EFTPOS from another funding source, such as savings account.

Personally, I would use BPay. I fail to see what is dreaded about the BPay processing time since payments are backdated to when it's processed by you bank.

Personally, I would use BPay. I fail to see what is dreaded about the BPay processing time since payments are backdated to when it's processed by you bank.

That of course all depends on your credit limit and how soon you wish to earn more points!

For times when my account is at or near my allowed credit limit, I can do a B-Pay that day, however I can not use the card until the payment clears which is usually 3 working days.

If I max out my card on a Wednesday evening, typically it can not be used until the following Monday. So effectively having a useless card in my pocket for several days...

Or a higher credit limit would be nice when paying of the company tax bill ;), time management is irrelevant in that context.

There is still planning to fall back on. But yes, somethings can be difficult.

Umm planning and time management are our friends.

fair call for some I guess.....

Perhaps there is something wrong with me thinking that 3 days for a payment to clear is too long...?

Sorry if I expect too much from this card facility...;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Perhaps there is something wrong with me thinking that 3 days for a payment to clear is too long...?

On the Prepaid product a BPAY takes up to 10 days!

BPay clearance times would be related to the banks involved? Rather than the particular card?

Hi Guys
I use the NAB and BPay, the money quite often is in the WW card within 24 hours.
(surprises me too !!!)
I pay my tax,BAS & IAS on the C/Card as well and simply EFT to the card to pre-fund before paying, daily lim it on tax etx is $10K so sometimes it's a matter of doing over multiple days and starting early enough to neet the ATO due date. Great system and I'me happy to pay the .65% fee for the points.
Use it for your Landtax bills too ( .33%)

IME, BPay payments to the EDMC take "two working days".

i.e. As long as the BP is initiated before the closeoff (of your BPing institution, e.g. 6pm) on any one working day, it will show as being credited on the working day after the next.

Examples:

• Pay on a Tuesday 5[SUP]th[/SUP] at 4pm; it will show up the morning of Thursday 7[SUP]th[/SUP] with a transaction date of the Tuesday 5[SUP]th[/SUP].

• Pay on a Friday 10[SUP]th[/SUP] at 11am before a long weekend (Monday Public Holiday) it will show up the morning of Wednesday 15[SUP]th[/SUP] with a transaction date of Friday 10[SUP]th[/SUP].

• Pay on a Friday 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] at 10pm before a normal weekend it will show up the morning of Wednesday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] with a transaction date of Monday 25[SUP]th[/SUP].

• Pay on a Friday 13[SUP]th[/SUP] at 10pm before a long weekend (Monday Public Holiday) it will show up the morning of Thursday 19[SUP]th[/SUP] with a transaction date of Tuesday 17[SUP]th[/SUP].

IME, BPay payments to the EDMC take "two working day".

i.e. As long as the BP is initiated before the closeoff ( of your BPing institution, e.g. 6pm) on any one working day, it will show as being credited on the working day after the next.

Do check the close off for BPay with your bank, you might be surprised how early it is, with some at 2.30PM!

It has never taken three days for me! Sometimes next day, sometimes 2 days.

IME, BPay payments to the EDMC take "two working days". ...
To clarify, my main BPaying institution is the ANZ bank.

Payments may take more than two working days to process if made from from other institutions such as some credit unions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back