Rate increases for Rydges Sydney Airport? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Rate increases for Rydges Sydney Airport?

robtemt

Flights
My Map
Just tried to look at rates 10 months out for Sydney Airport (I usually book the room the same time as I book a reward redemption on SQ...), and they are $180-$200 then we have ever paid before! Also looking at a room in Sept, and same thing. Have they had a significant rate increase across the board?

newmarket

I stayed the other night and noticed the same thing. When I asked at the front desk the guy checking me in told me that prices were getting back to normal.

I do remember paying a lot more previously than I have been since Christmas.

Melburnian1

AFF Supporter
Remember Rydges had a very cheap sale for April. This may have given some of us at least a slightly distorted view of tariffs at this arguably premium location.

While it won't be the case every night, wouldn't this Rydges be a huge beneficiary of any aircraft failures that see the airlines madly contacting hotels to establish how many rooms are vacant? Contract rates between hotels and airlines may be much lower than the public usually pays, but even so, it's a healthy level of demand so far as an airport hotel goes.

Daver6

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Recently stayed a night there in April. I booked originally around August (flexible rate) as it was stupidly high originally. As they time got closer the rate fell. Eventually I cancelled the flexi rate and pre-paid at what was much more reasonable (range OP mentions).

I've got a similar booking for the end of October. I'm hoping to see a similar drop. However, given my next day flight isn't till the afternoon, I'll most likely just cancel the Rydges altogether and stay in a nicer location.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklight72