Question: Regular payments during statement period

Status
Not open for further replies.

avante

Hi guys - just received my Explorer a couple of weeks ago and am nearing my credit limit due to a large transaction at the obstetric's clinic. I've already had to make a payment to clear up some credit space for the card (prior to that transaction), but now I'm approaching the limit again and the website and app won't let me make a payment. Has anyone encountered this?

When did you make the last payment? IME they only let you make one in a 72 hour span

When did you make the last payment? IME they only let you make one in a 72 hour span

It has been more than 72 hours The last payment was more than a week ago. This would make it the second payment within the billing cycle though (if successful).

If the payment option isn't working via their website, how about paying via bpay?

None of my AMEX issued cards accept bpay payments (either that, or I'm a spud)

None of my AMEX issued cards accept bpay payments (either that, or I'm a spud)

Interesting, my Edge, Velocity Platinum and Charge all accept bpay as a payment mechanism. The biller code is 5082 and the reference number should be your card number.

I highly recommend bpay to do mid-cycle payments.

Same here, bpay mid cycle on all my Amex issued cards no problems

Another bpayer. I never even look at my bills, just BPay according to my own cycle.

Interesting, my Edge, Velocity Platinum and Charge all accept bpay as a payment mechanism. The biller code is 5082 and the reference number should be your card number.
Thanks. I looked when I got my first AMEX some time ago and couldn't find details, I will look again

I highly recommend bpay to do mid-cycle payments.

Thanks. I looked when I got my first AMEX some time ago and couldn't find details, I will look again

You don't need to look further than blueythecats post ;)

If you are concerned, do a $1 BPay using the American Express code 5082, and your card number - then you will see it land in your Amex account

They all take BPay, check the "how to pay" section of your statement.

I'm guessing bpay, as the website/app doesn't seem to allow

So your financial institution doesn't allow you to make multiple bpayments to Amex? Or has Amex been rejecting your payments?

I regularly make multiple bpayments to my American Express CC's from both a Citi cheque account and a credit uinion savings/access account and have never had an issue.

If I pay 6 bills I will make 6 separate payments, one after the other.

So your financial institution doesn't allow you to make multiple bpayments to Amex? Or has Amex been rejecting your payments? ...
This is NOT about BPay.

It seems it is possible to pay into your Amex account via their web site; although I have never used such a facility with over 15 years of membership.

I have ONLY ever BPayed online this century ... and often several times in a "month".

So your financial institution doesn't allow you to make multiple bpayments to Amex? Or has Amex been rejecting your payments?

I regularly make multiple bpayments to my American Express CC's from both a Citi cheque account and a credit uinion savings/access account and have never had an issue.

If I pay 6 bills I will make 6 separate payments, one after the other.

No, making a payment through the Amex website.

This is NOT about BPay.

It seems it is possible to pay into your Amex account via their web site; although I have never used such a facility with over 15 years of membership.

I have ONLY ever BPayed online this century ... and often several times in a "month".

Ha,I was wondering how else you would possibly pay BUT for bPay! Perhaps that's what all those people in village post offices are doing: paying their amex centurion bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back