Qudos Bank Visa Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Jetstar putting a $2500 cap on 1 for 1 points, I have found that Qudos Bank (formerly Qantas Credit Union) has a platinum visa card which still Qantas point for every $1 spent. Cannot see any limitations on this card although others may know more. The benefits are below;

Earning 1 Qantas Point for $1 spent on eligible purchases >Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership >Complimentary overseas travel insurance >Up to 55 days interest free on purchases >Annual fee $195 >Low interest rate on balance transfers and purchases for your first 5 months >$0 fee for additional cards>Contactless purchases with Visa payWave>24/7 Visa Platinum Concierge Service>Access to Visa Platinum entertainment offers

I have one and find it useful tool, however I find the customer service or any non internet based requirements to be a pain. they are also pretty tight on late payment, I now pay at least one day early as it often takes an extra day to credit the account. Haven't had the problem in a while though.

They often have promotions for 20-25k points to join.

Qudos still haven't announced how they'll be changing (i.e. reducing) the earn rate in response to the new interchange fee regulations. I doubt it will be long before they do.

I use my Qudos Visa card quite often. I love the bonus points on Qantas expenditure and the point per dollar on everything else. It is Big one for me now that Bankwest World is 0.66 points per dollar.

I emailed Qudos Bank to ask if they were considering any changes because I am interested in signing up for their card but was reticent without knowing their future intentions regarding pooints values. I recieved the following reply which make me think I will wait and see.

Dear Mr xx_xx_,

Thank you for your enquiry on our Visa Platinum Credit Card.
I would just like to advise you that Qudos Bank are considering in making some changes on our Visa Platinum Credit Card. These are on the thoughts of our Senior Management however nothing has been implemented or have had solid decisions on what they could be. We have been advised that there is a possible increase of Annual Credit Card Fee and/or Less Points System – Again these has not been confirmed but only an idea.

There has been no dates on when the transition will occur (if ever do make some changes). At this point of time – the same Terms & Conditions stands.

I hope this helps – should you have any further enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact me on 02 9308 9801.

Kind Regards,

Maria xx_xx_X

These are on the thoughts of our Senior Management however nothing has been implemented or have had solid decisions on what they could be. We have been advised that there is a possible increase of Annual Credit Card Fee and/or Less Points System – Again these has not been confirmed but only an idea.
Oh no....don't like the sound of that! (latter option)

A point a dollar on a Visa works great for me. We have lots of stuff where Visa can be used.

Qudos Bank are also falling into line with its competitors regarding FF points benefits. Just received the following email after my initial inquiry.

Good Morning Mr xx_X,

We just received the communication in regards to out Visa Platinum Credit Card Changes starting 1 Dec 2016.
Some of the changes are as follows:

The Annual Fee will increase from $195 to $249
Points System will be capped to $200 000 per year per member
The First $2500 will be $1-1 Qantas Points = 2500 Points
Anything thereafter will be $1 = 0.5 Point

Any application before the 1 Dec 2016 = Annual Fee will be $195 until next anniversary date
Points will be $1 – 1 Points until 1st Dec
Points System Capping starts from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Dec

There will be further communication I believe starting tomorrow from our website.
I hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Qudos Bank are also falling into line with its competitors regarding FF points benefits. Just received the following email after my initial inquiry.

Good Morning Mr xx_X,

We just received the communication in regards to out Visa Platinum Credit Card Changes starting 1 Dec 2016.
Some of the changes are as follows:

The Annual Fee will increase from $195 to $249
The First $2500 will be $1-1 Qantas Points = 2500 Points
Anything thereafter will be $1 = 0.5 Point

Any application before the 1 Dec 2016 = Annual Fee will be $195 until next anniversary date
Points will be $1 – 1 Points until 1st Dec
Points System Capping starts from 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Dec

There will be further communication I believe starting tomorrow from our website.
I hope this helps

Kind Regards,

Ah well, had to happen sometime. Was good while it lasted. I will make sure I only put $2.5K a month on it from Dec.

Wow that will hurt. Helps me decide who to put into ATO this month.

Time for some farewell pressies Cove... :D

Mine will be cancelled in 10 months time, after December This card will take residence next to the Citibank Signature card... Roll on AMEX wherever I can and here we come VA:cool:

Hmmm, I was going to close my HSBC Visa (which has $2,500 monthly limit on 1:1) and move to Qudos. Not any more!

Ouch that hurts.....going to hammer it prior Dec 1! BW looking good now.

Ridiculous given the bonus when booking QF tickets with it is included. A single J Fare just about anywhere puts it over.

I moved all my banking to Qudos went through the mincer in the application process too.

Not cool at all. I'll give em both barrels when I get the email/letter

Sad news. Now need to have the hibernating WOW card fee waived for another year and that way I have 2 x 2500 points "caps" each month. But managing the shared spend is going to be a pain. Maybe I just let Mrs NM keep using one and I use the other. $5000 per month is probably ok for most months given the Amex still buys the Wish Cards for fuel (cars and Dan Murphy's) and grocery spend.

That really does not make sense the way it is worded.

Is that cap on points earning for $200000 spend or 200000 maximum points earn per year.

The former represents a maximum points earn per year of 115000 for $200K spend, the latter would mean maximum points earn per year of 200000 for $370K spend.

Go early and go hard is the plan. We have 2 cards in the family and bills from you know who have been coming in thick and fast.
Naturally it is disappointing to realize I cannot get the points earned on my card into the two comma category with a good number at the front.

Changes are official now (scroll down to point 8): https://www.qudosbank.com.au/Products/CreditCards/VisaPlatinum
8. From 1 December 2016 the following changes will apply: ATO Payments will be Ineligible Transactions; Qudos can nominate other payments as Ineligible Transactions from time to time; a cap of $200,000 per annum will apply; you will earn 1 Qantas Point per $1AUD spent on Eligible Transactions for the first $2,500 per month and then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1AUD thereafter; and the annual fee will increase to $249 per annum.
...and even worse, officially ATO payments are now excluded from points earning from Dec 1...not sure I will keep this card now when my anniversary date comes round in April next year :(:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back