QF Taxes Per-Sin | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QF Taxes Per-Sin

Rusty776

Hi I'm looking to make x2 Qantas Business Reward flights from Perth-Sing in the next 12 months. Is $1200 right for taxes on top of the 200,000 points?

I know Qantas taxes are higher than others but that seems pretty steep.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
For a return, it sounds about right - although they are not taxes.
There is a carrier surcharge of $240 each way per ticket. These are not taxes, they are a cash co-payment to Qantas.

The actual taxes/charges are about $85 from PER to SIN, and somewhat less to return.

Danger

AFF Supporter
And, just for a point of comparison, the AA cash component is USD106. Hard to believe Qantas would charge you more to use their currency to fly on their metal - not.

jase05

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Platinum
And, just for a point of comparison, the AA cash component is USD106. Hard to believe Qantas would charge you more to use their currency to fly on their metal - not.
Yep, it’s absolutely disgusting

Rusty776

I know.. I've got enough points but the surcharges are putting me off. Might try and save a few more Velocity and transfer to KF, they seem a lot cheaper!!

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
I know.. I've got enough points but the surcharges are putting me off. Might try and save a few more Velocity and transfer to KF, they seem a lot cheaper!!
Indeed. With KrisFlyer, the same 2x return Business seats to Singapore will cost you 146,000 miles and $310 in taxes. (Not to mention, you'd have a choice of 4 instead of 1 flights per day.)

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scramjet