Not open for further replies.

Vee711

Qantas
Silver Club
Virgin
Red
Oneworld
Ruby
So I've recently bought a return flight using QF points (~125k QF points) and paid the tax with my CItibank QF Signature card. Citibank recently rewarded me with 100k QF points for their recent sign-up promotion.

Does anyone know if I will still be eligible for travel insurance?

Link to Policy: https://www.citibank.com.au/global_images/complimentaryinsurance/pdf/AllianzTermsandconditions.pdf

A person is eligible if the overseas travel ticket is obtained by:
  1. charging the cost of the overseas travel ticket to the cardholder's card; or
  2. obtaining the overseas travel ticket under the Citibank Travel Program; or
  3. obtaining the overseas travel ticket via the cardholder's airline frequent flyer program, provided that a minimum of 15,000 points were transferred to that frequent flyer program from points earned on a Citibank Card or via Citi Rewards, over a 12 month period prior to obtaining the overseas travel ticket.
It sounds to me that I fall under point 1 or 3 or both? Does the tax component of the purchase fall under point 1?

I'd be inclined to think clause 3 would be the only one that applied. I'd be calling Allianz to confirm coverage though given your circumstances, and get them to provide it in email confirmation.

1) doesn't apply. They're saying the full cost, and as the bulk of the cost was via points, it was not charged to your card. It would need to say "in part" or similar, or set a minimum for just the tax component to be sufficient.

3) only applies if you transferred 15000+ points to QFF from the Citibank card _prior_ to the purchase using points. From your saying recent sign-up of this card it does not sound like this would apply either, though only you can say if you did meet this condition.

Thanks. Will contact Allianz to confirm. I had a suspicion that I wouldn't be eligible.

Would the 100k bonus not be considered a transfer from citibank to QF?

I am curious about this interpretation of option 3
Is it 15000 Citi points transferred to the FF program, or is it 15000 FF program points transferred?

It could be read either way

Thanks. Will contact Allianz to confirm. I had a suspicion that I wouldn't be eligible.

and what was the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back