QF AMEX Ultimate Card - 100k bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Established Member
Just saw this on the AMEX website. T&C says correct as at 15 Nov so assuming it's only happened today? If it's already been posted somewhere mods feel free to delete.

https://m.americanexpress.com/au/content/frequent-flyer-cards/qantas-ultimate/

At $450 annual fee with a free domestic flight amongst other things it certainly appeals.

No idea how to post all the details on a phone so if someone wants to copy and paste them that would be great. What's the likelihood of a referral bonus being slightly higher?

Last edited:
Probably not as good as the explorer card due to MR being more flexible than Qantas points and the $400 travel credit is more flexible than the qantas flight but comes down to personal preference.

Do you earn QFF/SC with the free flight?

And what is AMEX's track record on enforcing the eligibility criteria for the sign-up bonus? Do they stick strictly to the 18-month wait period?

Do you earn QFF/SC with the free flight?

And what is AMEX's track record on enforcing the eligibility criteria for the sign-up bonus? Do they stick strictly to the 18-month wait period?

For what it's worth, I held the AMEX Qantas Premium card until about March 2016, and I currently hold the AMEX David Jones Platinum when I applied for the AMEX Qantas Ultimate last month (DAMMIT.. but i can't complain with the 50k bonus) and I still received the sign up bonus which was a nice surprise.

AMEX seem to not enforce their eligibility criteria, but YMMV

For what it's worth, I held the AMEX Qantas Premium card until about March 2016, and I currently hold the AMEX David Jones Platinum when I applied for the AMEX Qantas Ultimate last month (DAMMIT.. but i can't complain with the 50k bonus) and I still received the sign up bonus which was a nice surprise.

Thanks for the data point. Very helpful.

That's what i'm hoping.

Just about to close all of my AMEX accounts after finishing small shop at the end of the month and then will be looking to get back on board ASAP with some big sign on bonuses.

silly question but does the free flights apply to the supplementary card holder as well or just Primary. I read on another thread that it did.

AMEX seem to not enforce their eligibility criteria, but YMMV[/]

This is good news. I saw this deal the other day and got disappointed when I saw the (usual) exclusion.

Just dumped my Amex Plat due to the Accor status being discontinued and gradual reduction of value... looks like this could be a good replacement? Is 110k (with referral) about as good as it gets for a Qantas sign on bonus? I've moved back to Qantas from Velocity so am beginning the points journey again ;)

Just dumped my Amex Plat due to the Accor status being discontinued and gradual reduction of value... looks like this could be a good replacement? Is 110k (with referral) about as good as it gets for a Qantas sign on bonus? I've moved back to Qantas from Velocity so am beginning the points journey again ;)

It's as good as I can recall.

I have the Amex Plat Edge - do I need to close this before applying to receive the points for this card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back