QCU (Qantas Credit Union) - 35,000 QFF bonus points

Status
Not open for further replies.

legroom

Established Member
Hello

Here's one QCU offer that I am interested in.

5,000 pts on opening
5,000 pts per month x5 with some CC use

max 30,000 pts

Apply between now & Dec 31st

Similar to the Feb 2015 offer

PS:

Mods, please edit the title - should have been 30,000 QFF bonus points. My typo, sorry

Do you know if points earning is capped at all? My Macquarie Visa only lets you earn 200K points a year.

Also do you happen to know if Bpay payments earn points?

Thanks.
Dale.

Do you know if points earning is capped at all? My Macquarie Visa only lets you earn 200K points a year.

Also do you happen to know if Bpay payments earn points?

Thanks.
Dale.

No points capping Dale 1 point per $ direct sweep to QFF.
No points earned on Bpay though. It's a good card once you get through the application process.
I got one to replace my Woolies MacBank card.

This QCU card is really running smoothly. I have earned the 30k bonus and the card runs with no points capping. If I could get them to run auto pay from a third party bank it would be one of my favourite CCs.

Running a 100,000 QF point capped card is probably ok for many AFFers to go Jetstar capped CC.
My son is progressing with the Citi CC that has a waived fee and a bonus of 60k QF points and no capping. This card is in an AFF thread. It requires $3k spending per month for 6 months.

Keeping my powder dry. When all my ATO cards dry up ... I'm sure I'll jump over with everyone else :mrgreen:

Running a 100,000 QF point capped card is probably ok for many AFFers to go Jetstar capped CC.
My son is progressing with the Citi CC that has a waived fee and a bonus of 60k QF points and no capping. This card is in an AFF thread. It requires $3k spending per month for 6 months.

Not sure where the $3,000 monthly spend comes from, cove

The condition referring to the bonus does not specify an amount.

"...Earn 5,000 Qantas Points when your card is issued, plus make an eligible purchase[SUP]2[/SUP] with your card every month for the next 5 months

".....2. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges or traveller's cheques and foreign currencies - these do not earn Qantas points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Visa Platinum Credit Card Conditions of use at qantascu.com.au. If you don’t make an eligible purchase with your card, you forfeit your bonus Qantas Points for that month and all remaining months...."

I got sent an application form which stated "no fee for the first 12 months" so .. it's a no-brainer at this stage.

QCU CC does not require $3,000 per month....it is the Citi CC that needs that. The QCU CC needs 6 months of activity to earn 5,000 points to QF each month. That Citi CC would get you 60,000 QF points and no first year annual fee. Citi do tend to mess with you with your application so I suggest you read the AFF thread that is running.

I got sent an application form which stated "no fee for the first 12 months" so .. it's a no-brainer at this stage.

How did you manage to get the no annual fee application from, if it can be done for no fee in the first 12 months , I'd be
very interested in this card?

Last edited:
Seems like a good deal but not as good as the one they had last year! Wondering if I should hold out, maybe they will up the bonus...! Seems like a number of banks are now requiring a month on month spending requirement before bonus points are allocated

How did you manage to get the no annual fee application from, if it can be done for no fee in the first 12 months , I'd be
very interested in this card?

Long story .... I had a application early in the year which lapsed because the accountant forgot to reply to QCU. So when I made the inquiry, I was sent that no-fee application form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back