QC card and QFF membership expiry - be warned

Status
Not open for further replies.

smckay

Qantas
Platinum
We both went on a trip last month, that went across our membership anniversary date for Qantas Frequent Flyer.

Not thinking that there would be a problem we both loaded up funds to realise the miserable points offer, getting a poor exchange rate in the process.

The issue came on November 7, when my wife's card started getting declined with 'unable to process transaction' at shops. So we tried some ATM, none were helpful with the issue until the 3rd one that then said card expired. Both our member years change on October 31.

The actual QF cash mastercard still had validity to sometime in 2020, but we deduced that because our membership year had rolled over new QFF card's were being sent out.
I was lucky in that I had used all the funds on my card and was wise enough to take another pre-paid card as my QF cash card also expired, but we still started to run out of foreign funds and resorted to using a credit card for the last few days. Bloody annoying when there was a thousand + each of US and Euro loaded on her card we couldn't use.
Of course QF were at their useless best and didn't help none.

So, whats the answer? I dunno as I bet QF won't issue a new card early for fear of having the wrong colour on it if your status changes. For me, I won't be using a QC card anytime my QFF year is due to roll over.

Might be something to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back