Qatar Airways Business Class ex-CGK

Discussion in 'Cheap International Airfares' started by futaris, May 22, 2018.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. rock86

rock86 Active Member

Jul 18, 2017
    Toowoomba
  2. lilkid28

lilkid28 Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Any of those flights include Qsuite?

3. jase05

jase05 Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Not that I can see.
    Excellent prices nonetheless

4. Isochronous

Isochronous Established Member

Dec 18, 2009
    1A
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Great find! Although a very good question that lilkid28 asks - if it involves the old 777 seat then it would be a bit disappointing but still very attractive nonetheless.

5. jase05

jase05 Member

Jan 24, 2018
    I believe the QSuites is still only on the LHR, FRA and CDG routes in Europe but someone may know otherwise. I know when we were in the early stages of planning for our trip in July that was the case and even for those 3 destinations the QSuites are very rare for the time we are going as they swap planes for the summer period. In the end we chose EK

6. madrooster

madrooster Established Member

May 21, 2012
    SYD
    This fare is ticketable in AU so for anyone wanting to through-check to/from QF41/42 it's easily possible to do via a TA.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. blaz

blaz Intern

Jan 17, 2011
    I easily purchased a business class ticket with Saudia Air, one way ,Istanbul to Singapore for $850.(11 months in advance...it is now $1200 I believe).. 787-9 Dreamliner for the longest leg (Jeddah to Singapore). Downside is that it is a 3 hour stopover in Jeddah, and the airline is dry...no booze. Upside is that it is a sleep time flight and there is no booze.

8. lastrow

lastrow Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Hobart Tasmania
    Sounds good but you still have to fly to and from Jakarta and if you want to end up in the UK you need a Milan - UK return ticket plus cost in one or two overnight stops along the way. Even if flying these add on sectors in Y the total cost of the trip would surely add up to somewhere near the cost of an Australia - UK ticket. Also why not consider transiting in Singapore or Bangkok and flying J direct to the UK on a discount airline like FINNAIR or ANA.

9. blaz

blaz Intern

Jan 17, 2011
    Scoot will get you from Aus to Jakarta in their business class for about $1200 (more like premium class)...From Milan to London it is about $200 return...no need for business class here. That's a total of $3,200 ish for reasonable comfort and a lie flat bed where it counts as opposed to double that on most Australian BC fares.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Isochronous

Isochronous Established Member

Dec 18, 2009
    1A
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    For MXP-LHR a ticket can be had cheaply through Avios - especially if bought through groupon.es.

11. jase05

jase05 Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Can often get to Jakarta for under $2000 with GA aswell which provide excellent service IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. clifford

clifford Established Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Canberra / London
    I snapped this up straight away when I saw it a few days ago. It fitted in with my existing bookings to LHR for
    August, at a cost $1,735.

As I was going be in Hong Kong at the start and end of this trip, it wasn't overly expensive to get to and from CGK. And I was able to cancel three award bookings in business class to offset the cost of the QR ticket, HKG-KTM (avios), KTM-LHR (UA miles) and FCO-HKG (QF points).

I only had to arrange a new ticket from MXP to LHR, which I did using avios, MXP-MAN and a Virgin train to London, as I didn't want to wait several more hours for a direct flight to LHR.

So it was an amazing fare and worked out very well. Note that the current fare SYD-MXP-SYD on QR for my dates is $7,187, so it is a worthwhile saving even if buying business class SYD-CGK.

• Like Like x 4
  13. madrooster

madrooster Established Member

May 21, 2012
    SYD
    This fare is back and still on until 30/06. Through-checkable from/to QF41/42 and more favourable R class availability is available via TAs.

• Like Like x 1