Qantas Reward Booking Taxes | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas Reward Booking Taxes

Rusty776

Hi All

Just wanting to know the rough idea of taxes return from Perth to Singapore using points? I did a dummy booking and got this. Never booked with points before so not sure which parts would be applicable if I were using points.

Thanks
upload_2019-3-22_10-16-58.png

woodborer

The taxes will be the same, but there will also be an additional $120 in carrier charges ($60 each way).

ozfflyer

Suspended
The taxes will be the same, but there will also be an additional $120 in carrier charges ($60 each way).
that's Qantas's dodgy fuel surcharge. For SYD/LAX/SYD Qantas & Virgin require roughlky the same number of points minimum, but Qanats fuel surcharge adds $200-$300 more, when at the same time, you can get return to LAX for $700 including everything, but then you have to fly on kiwi air, which can be aweful & you have to go via bloody aweful Auckland !!!

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
that's Qantas's dodgy fuel surcharge. For SYD/LAX/SYD Qantas & Virgin require roughlky the same number of points minimum, but Qanats fuel surcharge adds $200-$300 more, when at the same time, you can get return to LAX for $700 including everything, but then you have to fly on kiwi air, which can be aweful & you have to go via bloody aweful Auckland !!!
I think it is just called 'Carrier Surcharge' these days - they don't even pretend it's fuel anymore - it's more of a 'because we can' surcharge!

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chang