Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
Qantas is offering 150k bonus Qantas points when signing up for a new Qantas Premier Titanium card and spending $5,000 within 90 days.

Qantas Premier Titanium Credit Card | Qantas Money

This credit card won't be for everyone. Minimum income requirement is $200k and the annual fee is $1,200. (The annual fee does seem quite high.)

The card does come with a few useful benefits - 20% bonus status credits on Qantas flights booked with the card, two First Lounge invitations, premium Qantas Wine membership, etc. But even if I had the income to apply for this card, I wouldn't personally bother.

The card's earn rate is 1.25 Qantas points per dollar (up to $12.5k per month).

Probably costs a chunk of that annual fee to make the card. Certainly the fanciest looking Mastercard I've seen.

It's a Citigroup card. Caveat emptor!!

Also, there are plenty of qualifying little superscripts, but I can't see any explanation for them on the web page, on my phone.

Edit: found it. Click the expander thing near the bottom.

... and no Hilton Diamond, or other hotel top-tier status thrown in ...? ;)

Wow, Amex really opened the floodgates in Australia when extending metal cards from Centurion to Platinum. This might be the new 'frontier' for credit cards post the RBA-inspired reward devaluations. I think I'd still choose Citi Prestige over Qantas titanium card if given the choice.

It would be almost impossible to get $1,200 in value out of this card, I would have thought.

When you can get 75k-90k of signup bonuses in free or very low fee cards, including sometimes from Qantas/Citibank themselves on the Premier card, I don’t know who would go for this Titanium card.

It would be almost impossible to get $1,200 in value out of this card, I would have thought.

When you can get 75k-90k of signup bonuses in free or very low fee cards, including sometimes from Qantas/Citibank themselves on the Premier card, I don’t know who would go for this Titanium card.

Well, you could get the annual fee back in the form of airfare discounts if you spent more than $6,000 on Qantas flights twice per year. But, I'm not really convinced that someone earning more than $200k would get a credit card just so they can (maybe, potentially) save a little bit of money on flights.

The $12.5k cap means that the max you can earn each year is 187.5k qff pts. At 1c per pt, that's $1.875k to offset against the $1.2k annual fee. Add in the bonus pts offer and you get $3.375k in value for the first year.

Not sure about the value of the 2 First Class lounge passes or 20% extra status credits but the insurance and wine stuff would probably cost Qantas $60 per card at most.

The $12.5k cap means that the max you can earn each year is 187.5k qff pts. At 1c per pt, that's $1.875k to offset against the $1.2k annual fee. Add in the bonus pts offer and you get $3.375k in value for the first year.

Sure, but you actually have to spend that money. I have some uncapped cards, by that logic I could get $1m in value out of those cards, I'm just not nearly rich enough :D

We are all different - prelim thoughts are that I can see benefit in it and I never fly QF. Now with ZERO income how do I get over that minor 200K hurdle - thinking caps on here team.

Edit:
1. Assuming you had lowest status with QF and no chance ever accessing QF F Lounge - what would you pay for 1 x entry to the Lounge? (Assume total over indulgence once inside)
2. If you look at this purely as QF pts acquisition - what value do you put on QF pts solely on a 'purchase' basis?

Last edited:
Well, you could get the annual fee back in the form of airfare discounts if you spent more than $6,000 on Qantas flights twice per year. But, I'm not really convinced that someone earning more than $200k would get a credit card just so they can (maybe, potentially) save a little bit of money on flights.
Good point! For some people who spend a lot on large premium Qantas fares they might be able to get their money back (or maybe come out ahead if they buy full fare premium tickets). But like you suggest, you’d have to spend a lot just to get the annual fee back.

Not sure about the value of the 2 First Class lounge passes or 20% extra status credits but the insurance and wine stuff would probably cost Qantas $60 per card at most.

Yep.

IMHO the benefits of this card fall well short of the Amex Platinum perks, for an annual fee that's almost as high.

The $12.5k cap means that the max you can earn each year is 187.5k qff pts. At 1c per pt, that's $1.875k to offset against the $1.2k annual fee....
Except that the offset is only the difference in points earn between it and a free card (or similar calculation for a smaller fee card)

As a metallurgist, my biggest bugbear is the use of "titanium" after "platinum"! Are you kidding!!!!! a coughpy rather cheap metal that is mainly used for the white pigment in paint, has to be alloyed with other metals to stop it failing when its heated, like in aircraft.......

Get real and use something like "palladium" or "iridium", something sexy and expensive in the metals industry.

But by the sounds of the above conversations they should have called it "lead" as it seems to be going that way:)

Back