Qantas Premier Credit Card

flapper

60k points with a $3,000 spend in first 90 days.
2 lounge invitations.
1.5pts on international spend. 1 pt on domestic spend up to $10,000 and .5pt over $10,000. Extra point on QF spend.
Discounted companion airfares.
Concierge service and free travel insurance.
Fee $149 first year and $299 each subsequent year.
[h=3][/h]

Well since the section for CC promotions I'm happy to discuss it here..... I've applied for it, but am still awaiting approval.

60K points for $149 is a pretty good deal in my book. Much better than the St George offer at the moment and I'm in purgatory for the ANZ Black for a few more months. I know a lot of people were hoping for more from this card and I can understand that from a benefits point of view... but still, as far as churning through a bonus points offer goes its a pretty good deal.

Personally I'm unsure at this stage if I'll churn it or hold it for a while.... There are far fewer 1ppd Visa/MC cards our there these days and this has one of the higher thresholds before it drops back to .5ppd. So in terms of earning points on everyday spend where Amex isn't an option, I think its a good card to hold until the second Annual Fee hits.

What a "meh" card. I was expecting more.

Sign on bonus is on par with the better cards. Macquarie Black is $99 first year annual fee for 40,000 QFF and 1 point per dollar per $4000 which is more than enough for most people (assuming AMEX gets the lions share of spend)
Westpac Altiude is 80,000 for $195 first year annual fee. So basically double the points for double the fee.

This card falls smack bang in the middle. I'll probably get it for the 60,000 points and the 2 annual lounge passes (as I don't have gold status). The (slightly) discounted (and only one per year) companion airfare is mildly appealing.

Well since the section for CC promotions I'm happy to discuss it here..... I've applied for it, but am still awaiting approval.

60K points for $149 is a pretty good deal in my book. Much better than the St George offer at the moment and I'm in purgatory for the ANZ Black for a few more months. I know a lot of people were hoping for more from this card and I can understand that from a benefits point of view... but still, as far as churning through a bonus points offer goes its a pretty good deal.

Personally I'm unsure at this stage if I'll churn it or hold it for a while.... There are far fewer 1ppd Visa/MC cards our there these days and this has one of the higher thresholds before it drops back to .5ppd. So in terms of earning points on everyday spend where Amex isn't an option, I think its a good card to hold until the second Annual Fee hits.
I'd churn it, as soon as you've used the companion benefit and the 2 lounge passes. But you have 12 months to decide. I have the Macquarie Black and this would make an excellent churner every 12 months, or just churn with your significant other.

I must be on Maquarie's naughty list as they will not approve me for any credit card they issue full stop! I recall this going on for that last 2-3 years (although I don't remember ever having one of their cards) and I've simply given up on them. The most recent attempt was a couple of months back, before that a couple of years ago and I got straight up declined..... Thought that large break might've changed something but still no dice. They do approve my partner though so I get around it that way.

So that limits what I can apply for a bit and for various reasons I seem to be on waiting period for a number of cards right now so my options are limited. Still this Qantas card is alright and with the Intro offer its one of the cheapest 1ppd cards I'm able to apply for.

So, we are running two threads on the same card. I've been posting in the other thread and have just discovered this one as well.

With the Guest Passes, do they get people into Associated International Business Lounges such as the one in Dubai if booked on metal via QF. ie onward flight from Dubai on Emirates. Or is it only for The International Business Lounges as the terms on the offer would seem to suggest that it is only (plus domestic QC) for:

[h=4]International Business Lounges[/h]

[h=1]and not[/h][h=4]Associated Lounges[/h]

With the Guest Passes, do they get people into Associated International Business Lounges such as the one in Dubai if booked on metal via QF. ie onward flight from Dubai on Emirates. Or is it onlly:

[h=4]International Business Lounges[/h]

[h=1]and not[/h][h=4]Associated Lounges[/h]

If they are like the current QF passes, the answer would be no. So no Associated Lounges or LAX.

So, we are running two threads on the same card. I've been posting in the other thread and have just discovered this one as well.
Me too - how about Mods consolidate please?

Rcvd card yesterday - impossible to activate online so downloaded Qantas Money App to activate - then deleted App - spent 5K on card imm - will be interesting to see how long QFF pts take to post from QF's own card.

Anyone know the biller code to use to bpay the Qatas premier card?

Check your payment details on the Qantas Money website, the Qantas Money app6 or on your statement.
Then, select one of the following payment options available to you:

• Make a one-off or recurring BPAY® payment from one of your financial institution accounts.
    Biller Code: 266536
    Ref: Your 16-digit card number
https://www.qantasmoney.com/credit-cards/help-and-support

(perhaps need to be logged in)

For what it's worth, this Qantas Premier card is unable to be used with some merchants because it is somehow not recognised as a local card ( I can't fathom why this so ) Qantas cards response is as per below

"We aware of the issue you have have reported and have escalated to Citibank, the card issuer. It appears as Citibank is a global bank, the "Bank Issued Number" of this card is associated with an overseas bank.

Unfortunately we cannot advise on the timeframe that this may be corrected, however we can contact you when we know it has been resolved"

So in my case wanted to earn some points and make a contribution towards the minimum $3k spend in order to get the 60k bounds points. Decided to get some forex from Travelex, ( btw money.oz had exact problem) card was unable to be accepted, tried over a few days, missed out on good exchange rates and ability to earn points, achieve min spend. Really not good enough for a premium card targeted towards travellers.
I'm about to go overseas next month ( largely to the generousity of members advice in booking os trips) so how confident am I in using this card?! ( and yes I know their are better cards for this that don't attract forex fees )

Mine was rejected at a local car park ($1.60) - guess this explains why

I must be on Maquarie's naughty list as they will not approve me for any credit card they issue full stop! I recall this going on for that last 2-3 years (although I don't remember ever having one of their cards) and I've simply given up on them. The most recent attempt was a couple of months back, before that a couple of years ago and I got straight up declined..... Thought that large break might've changed something but still no dice. They do approve my partner though so I get around it that way.

So that limits what I can apply for a bit and for various reasons I seem to be on waiting period for a number of cards right now so my options are limited. Still this Qantas card is alright and with the Intro offer its one of the cheapest 1ppd cards I'm able to apply for.

I had exactly the same issue with Macquarie Bank, despite the fact that I fulfilled all the requirements and had a Novated lease with them, they wouldn't even approve me for the basic Jetstar CC (back when I was flying more JQ and their CC fees were really high) they wouldn't have say why tho.

I then checked my Veda score (now Equifax) and I did have a really good credit record.

I don't bother with them any more

Mind saying what Parking Station it was? Qantas money are aware of Travelex and travelmoneyoz and that's only because I told them! And it those instances it was an online problem. Qantas Premier card funnily enough worked in store for Travelex but because the card was issued by an overseas bank it doesn't work on line. Your example is intriguing...

Mine was rejected at a local car park ($1.60) - guess this explains why

Mind saying what Parking Station it was? Qantas money are aware of Travelex and travelmoneyoz and that's only because I told them! And it those instances it was an online problem. Qantas Premier card funnily enough worked in store for Travelex but because the card was issued by an overseas bank it doesn't work on line. Your example is intriguing...

A parking station in Burnie, Tasmania

Cheers Steady, I thought perhaps it may have been a Wilson Parking or some other bigger organisation...

Just applied online and after uploading 2 payslips it won't give me any way forward to progress the application - is the payslip/proof of income the last part? If it is would it be too much to ask for some sort of "Thanks for your completed application" message? Anyway - seemed to save OK so should be able to go back later.

ScreenHunter_71 Jul. 15 22.35.jpg

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back