Qantas Discovery Card - Amex offers VS Plat Edge, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooky

Are the discount Offers you get on this card comparable to the ones you might get on Plat Edge?
e.g. Harvey Norman, spend $300 get $150, Qantas spend $700 get $150, Marriott spend $300 get $150, Shop Small, etc?

I was going to recommend this card to someone since it's $0 fee, on the basis of the offers I have seen on Plat Edge, but if it's a vastly reduced set of offers, then, it could be quite a protracted waste of time.

To be clear the user only wants it for offers, not to make regular purchases on it.

Also, I assume there's no referral bonus for this card for Plat Edge holders?

I don't think there's any rhyme nor reason as to which cards get which offers, although your spend patterns may trigger some (??). The only certainty with the QF card would be the QF offers. There are usually manual links or amexconnect available for the non-targetted offers.

Are the discount Offers you get on this card comparable to the ones you might get on Plat Edge?
e.g. Harvey Norman, spend $300 get $150, Qantas spend $700 get $150, Marriott spend $300 get $150, Shop Small, etc?

In terms of offers there hasn't been much difference between the QD and the bank-issued Black cards I've had.

To the best of my knowledge, all those offers that you can easily access in your Platinum Edge account, are available to every Amex card - be it bank or Amex issued. One accesses them via the American Express Connect site at
https://network.americanexpress.com/connect/au/en/default.html

It is worth accessing that site even with your Edge card, because offers are available there that aren't shown in your on-line Amex card account - for example, I got my Hertz Gold membership from there, which got me 10% off car hire in the USA last year.
Regards,
Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back