Qantas Credit Union Credit card annual fee waiving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiology

Anyone got the annual fee of $195 waived? I got billed for this in March! What if I call up and cancel the card.

I recommend sending in a complaint e-mail and threatening to go to the Ombudsman.

I did and they finally agreed to cancel my card and refund the fee.

In my opinion, they don't have a leg to stand on in denying a pro-rata.

According to the Credit Contract:
Annual Card Fee
First Year Card Fee Nil

Subsequent year card fees
Payable to us one year after the Date of Disclosure and annually thereafter. (The total of the annual card fees payable depends on the duration of the facility and is not ascertainable).

$195 per annum

According to the contract, the annual card fee is $195 per annum (emphasis added). As stated - The fee is for a period of one year.
The terminology used (i.e. “per annum”) leads to a presumption that if the life of the facility is less than one year, then a pro-rata of the fee will be applied.
Such an interpretation is supported by the following statement in the terms and conditions: “Payable to us one year after the Date of Disclosure and annually thereafter. (The total of the annual card fees payable depends on the duration of the facility and is not ascertainable).”
It is unclear how an alternative interpretation of this provision can be supported based on the terminology used.

I requested fee waiver but was declined - I cancelled prior to the annual fee being charged.

a great card, with good service, a good web site, one PPD spend and allows points for Bpay...why would you argue with the yearly fee? Just my two bob's worth

a great card, with good service, a good web site, one PPD spend and allows points for Bpay...why would you argue with the yearly fee? Just my two bob's worth

They DON'T pay points for bpay transactions.

I queried why I was missing points, in the end they said bpay is excluded.

I then emailed them and cancelled my card.

They DON'T pay points for bpay transactions.

I queried why I was missing points, in the end they said bpay is excluded.

I then emailed them and cancelled my card.

wow, thanks. I am an idiot then :)
Back to count my points
Thanks for that bit of info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back