Qantas Cash & purchasing gift cards...no more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottBibby

Over at GIFTCARDS dot QANTASCASH dot COM you had the ability to purchase Myer, David Jones, JB Hifi, Priceline and Itunes gift cards with your Qantas Cash funds and receive 5 x QF points plus the usual 0.5 for every dollar spent.

Just recently they added Woolworths and Caltex Woolworths gift cards with the same bonus. A great way to rapidly increase QF points on your shopping spend at Woolies, Caltex Woolworths, BWS.

I buy a lot from JB Hifi and in the last 12 months have probably gained around 15,000 points just by purchasing these giftcards. With the addition of Woolworths, I could have seen this amount at least doubling.

Two weeks ago I went to purchase yet more JB gift cards and was greeted with "Temporarily out of stock" at GIFTCARDS dot QANTASCASH dot COM

Contacted QFF and they said they were redoing their website and that all would be available soon.

Their website has now been upgraded and the link has now totally gone.

For me, this was the only real advantage of using Qantas Cash and if they have totally gotten rid of this super deal, I can no longer see any value in keeping the QF Cash card.

Does anyone have any further info?

Last edited:
I just noticed this as well :( This was a great feature of the QC card and I used it a lot. Very sad to see it gone.

In lieu of this - if you work for a large business, do check out whether you've got access to an employee perks scheme (e.g. Reward Gateway) or other discounts scheme that sells gift cards at a discount, e.g. the other day, I spent $200 at DJ's for which I only paid $180. Obviously whether this is better or worse depends on how you value your points.

I did also see on Point Hacks the other day that if you've got a card like the Amex Plat Edge with bonus points for supermarket spend, you can potentially buy gift cards from Coles or Woolies for bonus points...

Over at GIFTCARDS dot QANTASCASH dot COM you had the ability to purchase Myer, David Jones, JB Hifi, Priceline and Itunes gift cards with your Qantas Cash funds and receive 5 x QF points plus the usual 0.5 for every dollar spent.

Just recently they added Woolworths and Caltex Woolworths gift cards with the same bonus. A great way to rapidly increase QF points on your shopping spend at Woolies, Caltex Woolworths, BWS.
I didn't even know there was a gift card section of Qantas Cash. Although if the gift cards mentioned were the only ones available, I wouldn't have lost much in the way of points as I'm not a regular customer of any of those retailers. Although I may have bought a Woolworths gift card more often...

Welcome to AFF :p good to see you joining in . You can write qantascash.com if you like :)

In frequent flyer parlance what they have done is called an 'enhancement'.

Hi, I have just discovered these Qantas Cash digital cards are sadly no more, but also seem unable to purchase digital gift cards from Qantas points online store either. This was another good one for me as 2 Q points per $ on purchase and 2 MR points earned on Amex Reserve. Can anyone confirm these have also disappeared? Thanks

Welcome to AFF :p good to see you joining in . You can write qantascash.com if you like :)

In frequent flyer parlance what they have done is called an 'enhancement'.

Thanks for the welcome.

Such a shame that they saw the need to "enhance" something that needed no enchancement (or culling) I contacted QFF a couple of months ago asking about whether they would expand the gift cards available for purchase. Next thing I see, Woolworths became available. As it stands now, QF misses out on this income, and now I have to look elsewhere to get my fix of electronics whilst boosting my points balance.

From what I can see, and I hate to say it, Velocity is looking even more attractive.

Pretty disappointing to see it gone. They also had it sitting independently on the Qantas Points website which went through a similar process; 'temporarily out of stock' for a couple of weeks and then disappeared (with a redirect now to the main Qantas Points homepage). Was a small but solid earner for me, particularly with Woolworths eGift cards. Hope it makes a return!

Just because they're on that website doesn't mean they're available.

After 6 months of cruiseco not crediting points when the QF website said they did, I contacted QF. After another month they said they were still investigating, then some time after that pulled it down.

Thank you for this....

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have an update on this?
Qantas still has them marked available on their website...

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/memberSpecials/qantas-cash-gift-cards

Have a read of the FAQ page once you're logged in...

https://myaccount.qantascash.com/help/frequently-asked-questions/faqs/ said:
Can I purchase Digital Gift Cards via Qantascash.com?
As of November 2016, we will no longer offer Digital Gift Cards for purchase via qantascash.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back