Qantas CASH doesn't work onboard for duty free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
LT Gold
Oneworld
Sapphire
I've been informed by a friend that Qantas CASH doesn't work onboard Qantas flights for duty free purchases. The FSD said, "The card doesn't work with our duty free provider." Can anyone confirm, as this seems like a big oversight if true.

Confirmed, I asked if it would work at the launch and as Qantas don't accept debit cards, the answer was no. Tried it last week and the machine would not even read the card for the QFF input part of the transaction.

Confirmed, I asked if it would work at the launch and as Qantas don't accept debit cards, the answer was no. Tried it last week and the machine would not even read the card for the QFF input part of the transaction.

I've paid on board using a debit Visa, no issue.

Matt

Seems like a horrible oversight, hopefully they fix that, perhaps for the relatively small number of people both buying onboard and using the card ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back