Qantas AMEX Ultimate referral - why no full bonus points for cardholder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rock86

Established Member
With AMEX now offering 100,000 bonus points straight off the bat for this card, why then if you refer someone will they only receive 65,000 points?:confused:

With AMEX now offering 100,000 bonus points straight off the bat for this card, why then if you refer someone will they only receive 65,000 points?:confused:

The 100,000 is a bonus offer not a permanent offer. I think it will revert back to 50,000 in the future.

The 100,000 is a bonus offer not a permanent offer. I think it will revert back to 50,000 in the future.

Understood, I just thought that the cardholder would still get the current bonus points on offer, even if they used your referral link to the card.

Understood, I just thought that the cardholder would still get the current bonus points on offer, even if they used your referral link to the card.

It would make sense. But I also think the referrer gets 30,000 points? Don't they. So in effect Amex is handing out more points anyway with the referral method.

It would make sense. But I also think the referrer gets 30,000 points? Don't they. So in effect Amex is handing out more points anyway with the referral method.

Yeah the referrer get's 30,000 points; just thought it was a little weird that the cardholder's bonus didn't adjust with AMEX's offer's.

Well, looks like now the cardholder will get the 100,000 bonus points, along with the referrer getting 30,000

Well, looks like now the cardholder will get the 100,000 bonus points, along with the referrer getting 30,000

I just logged into my account and your right it says the new card holder gets 100,000 and the referrer gets 30,000.

I've already sent the link to the better half haha.

Nice, I wish I'd have known that they were going to extend the 100k bonus offer & I would have waited to refer my better half as well, instead we just got one at the same time! oh well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back