Qantas American Express Ultimate Card - 30k bonus pts (Exp 31 Sept)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attractive number of points but the fee of $450 kills it.

10k points with NAB qf card for $65 is definitely better, if judged on offer of points and cost alone.

It does some with a "free" flight (worth $200-odd?) which means you get 30,000 pts for around $250...

Living in Perth is a winner for using the "free flight" as we can go PER-MEL-PER or PER-SYD-PER which chops out the cost of the Amex Ultimate card annual fee each year.
Also I varied the ticket and paid a bit extra for exactly what I wanted. QF paid out SCs and points on that trip as an eligible paid flight for both of us..
It is not transferable.

Looks attractive. I'm too lazy to check myself. Is the insurance any good? Or just standard CC insurance?

Earlier this year there was a 50K bonus offer. Whilst this offer is not the best it is still "OK".

What I am waiting is 50K Amex MR points offer for their Platinum CC Amex!

Earlier this year there was a 50K bonus offer. Whilst this offer is not the best it is still "OK".

I was about to post this same point about 50k around Feb. I'm sure it will come around though I am inclined to ask Amex now if they will post 50k instead of 30k for the current promotion. I feel there is some leeway with the people you talk to.

I know they had the 50k points for the Plat CC Amex offer in 2007, because I took it up :) so I think it must be due for that promo again soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back