Problems with American Express Travel Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato1

Established Member
After getting all the good advice from many of you on my other thread about using my Amex Travel credit in Bali, I spent about three hours the other night going through scores of tours and cruises in Bali. I picked six that I thought were do-able by my wife and I, and i Bookmarked each - since there was no Wishlist to which they could be added to on the site.

Today, I went to bring them all up so that my wife could peruse them, and we could make a final decision on which ones to purchase.

To my astonishment, none of them came up. Instead I got the Amex Travel search page for each. So all that work was for nothing, and I have the needle-in-the-haystack problem trying to find them again.

I rang Amex, one of who said that it's possible to lose all the Bookmarks when they update the content, and another said that he would pass on my request that there be a Wishlist feature at the site.

Anyhow, I've just tried Bookmarking various tours again today, and the Bookmarks work - for now.

I suggest that if anyone does this activity when searching among hundreds of tours that, when selected, they highlight the title tour name, and copy and paste it into the title of the Bookmark name. At least then, if the direct Bookmark link changes, you will have an easier time finding what you are looking for at the search pages using the actual tour title name.
Regards,
Renato

I've noticed a lot of problems with the AMEX website and app lately.

First, Local Champion sort of died in that you couldn't add new businesses or browse the map (but LC points from existing LC merchants were still awarded).

Then the Offers tab in the app pretty much broke for a few days - existing offers were still available, but no new offers were showing. Now seems to be fixed.

Now, Membership Rewards seems to be somewhat 'broken'. My transactions appear to still be contributing points to my MR balance when it's updated once per day (which I can see just fine on the app homescreen or on the side on the website main account page), but I can't bring up the points 'statement' which shows how many points you earned on each transaction. Clicking finalised transactions in the app also doesn't provide the usual option of using points to pay for the charge (not that I'd do that), so something is wrong there too.

Don't know what else is broken, but if there are IT issues when I need to transfer some frequent flyer points across, I really won't be impressed! :)

In comparison, I can still see the points statement for my Qantas AMEX: it's just my Explorer (linked to MR Gateway) that's having issues with the statement. Transactions and payments are still processing normally though, which is the main thing I guess.

I've noticed a lot of problems with the AMEX website and app lately.

First, Local Champion sort of died in that you couldn't add new businesses or browse the map (but LC points from existing LC merchants were still awarded).

Then the Offers tab in the app pretty much broke for a few days - existing offers were still available, but no new offers were showing. Now seems to be fixed.

Now, Membership Rewards seems to be somewhat 'broken'. My transactions appear to still be contributing points to my MR balance when it's updated once per day (which I can see just fine on the app homescreen or on the side on the website main account page), but I can't bring up the points 'statement' which shows how many points you earned on each transaction. Clicking finalised transactions in the app also doesn't provide the usual option of using points to pay for the charge (not that I'd do that), so something is wrong there too.

Don't know what else is broken, but if there are IT issues when I need to transfer some frequent flyer points across, I really won't be impressed! :)

In comparison, I can still see the points statement for my Qantas AMEX: it's just my Explorer (linked to MR Gateway) that's having issues with the statement. Transactions and payments are still processing normally though, which is the main thing I guess.
Interesting, thanks.

I don't use the App except when overseas, but have thought the Membership Rewards points accessed through the website always seemed to work pretty well for me.
Regards,
Renato

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back