Pricing on cruises | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Pricing on cruises

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
Thinking about doing the 14 nights from Southampton next May
However the prices seem to be considerably cheaper if we buy via a UK site (celebrity cruises )
Any advice or information ?
We have only done the 7 night cruise around Hawaii previously
Screenshot_2019-08-29-11-17-53-34.jpg

james4321

We are off Celebrity at the moment. They just cancelled a Xmas 2020 cruise that we had booked, very unhelpful trying to find a replacement and wanted us to pay for the one we found at current rates rather than the rates we paid originally. Was a multiple cabin booking and that would add almost $7000 to the cost. So won’t be doing that. Very poor customer service

woodyren

I have taken over 30 cruises on the last 6 years. Mostly on Royal Caribbean but also a few other lines including 5 on Celebrity. We regularly price our cruises in USD through USA travel agents and compare to the AUD price. Often its close but also can swing wildly either way.

I believe UK booking conditions are very strict including non refundable deposits.

Check the prices. Do some research on their T&C's. Compare that to the Aussie price once all taxes and gratuities are factored in. If the maths work out I see no reason not to book offshore. We have never had a problem with out many US bookings.

Celebrity is a great product in my opinion.

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I have taken over 30 cruises on the last 6 years. Mostly on Royal Caribbean but also a few other lines including 5 on Celebrity. We regularly price our cruises in USD through USA travel agents and compare to the AUD price. Often its close but also can swing wildly either way.

I believe UK booking conditions are very strict including non refundable deposits.

Check the prices. Do some research on their T&C's. Compare that to the Aussie price once all taxes and gratuities are factored in. If the maths work out I see no reason not to book offshore. We have never had a problem with out many US bookings.

Agree re Celebrity. It’s a favourite. And I’d use a US Travel Agent like VTG whom we have used before. Great service. But watch for things like currency fluctuations.

james4321

I agree Celebrity ships are great. Just their customer service that is poor

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I just booked a cruise with Cruise Guru. $20 deposit and payment 6 months prior cruise which is fine. Prices very acceptable and lots of extras thrown in.

VPS

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I just booked a cruise with Cruise Guru. $20 deposit and payment 6 months prior cruise which is fine. Prices very acceptable and lots of extras thrown in.
Where are you going?

mrsterryn

AFF Supporter
They are the ones that were so rude and so much dearer
Almost 3000 more AUD

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Where are you going?
Med Cruise next July. Rome - Rome via Greek Islands, Malta and Italy.
They are the ones that were so rude and so much dearer
Almost 3000 more AUD
Interesting. I priced mine numerous times with other providers. The category I wanted - Aft on Celebrity Edge is all sold out now. Everything included like premium Package alcohol, tips, wifi plus $1000 OBC that sees us doing 3 excursions and a specialty dinner. Couldn’t match that anywhere.

Reactions: VPS

AFF on Air Podcast

• Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt cha ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stego