Post your Qantas online chat session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croupier

I was bored and frustrated trying to search Partner Reward Flights tonight and decided for laughs and perhaps a data point to post my chat log here. Be sure to copy the chat before the disconnect because it is wiped instantly, as a result I missed a little right at the end basically Rokz just saying I was welcome.

MODS: If you feel this is inappropriate or in the wrong forum then please do as you feel fit.
Croup...

Info
at 22:36, Jan 30:
Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.

Info
at 22:37, Jan 30:
You are now chatting with Rokz.

Rokz
q

Rokz
Hello, you are chatting with Rokz, a Qantas chat agent. How may I assist you today?

Croupier
at 22:38, Jan 30:

Why cant I search reward flights originating from Kiev, Doha, Muscat? Seriously? really annoying to find award space, I use other websites like British Airways to find the Oneworld partner seats but have no idea of taxes etc and have to call in to book. Come on Qantas surely you can do better than that, I mean BA can do it really!! BA better than Qantas, shocking but if Qantas doest lift their game then I think so.

Rokz
at 22:39, Jan 30:
Hi Croupier, I'd be happy to help you with your concern.

Croupier

Can you please tell me the amount of points + taxes and fees for a one way flight from KBP to DOH in Economy and In Business?
Rokz
Let me check that for you.

Croupier
at 22:41, Jan 30:

So when I search for a flight originating in Kiev I get"We can't find a matching location for 'kiev'
Croupier
at 22:42, Jan 30:

But when I search from Bangkok to Kiev Kiev is a know location.
Croupier
at 22:43, Jan 30:

Can you understand my frustration? I would appreciate an explanation from Qantas as to why this is happening.
Rokz
at 22:45, Jan 30:
I do see an option to book it orginating from Kiev.

Rokz
at 22:45, Jan 30:
Are you on the Qantas website?

Croupier
at 22:47, Jan 30:

yes
Croupier
at 22:47, Jan 30:

Flights | Qantas AU
Croupier
at 22:48, Jan 30:

logged in trying to book Classic Flight Reward
Rokz
What is the off point that you are trying to select?

Croupier

KBP Kiev
Rokz
What is the destination please?

Croupier
at 22:49, Jan 30:

Doha
Rokz
at 22:49, Jan 30:
Thank you.

Rokz
at 22:50, Jan 30:
I can here that there are flights operated by Qatar Airways from the website from Kiev to Doha.

Croupier
at 22:51, Jan 30:

Ok so you can see it but I get
Croupier
at 22:52, Jan 30:

We can't find a matching location for 'Kiev'
Croupier
at 22:52, Jan 30:

Are you on Qantas website or GDS?
Rokz
at 22:53, Jan 30:
I'm on the Qantas website right now.

Croupier

Why does it work for you and not for me?
Croupier

I go to Qantas
Croupier

Croupier
at 22:54, Jan 30:

Click on my account and select make a reward booking
Croupier

it takes me to :Flights | Qantas AU
Croupier

I select Use points - Classic Flight Rewards only
Croupier
at 22:55, Jan 30:

The in From I type Kiev
Croupier

and get
Croupier

Oh one way
Croupier

and get
Croupier

We can't find a matching location for 'Kiev'
Croupier
at 22:57, Jan 30:

Im on Mac OSX Sierra using safari, and aloso firefox not working
Rokz
at 22:58, Jan 30:
I can help you with your booking if your having trouble on your end.

Croupier
at 22:58, Jan 30:

I dont want to book now but want to explore dates and prices for points and taxes but cant do anything?
Rokz
at 22:59, Jan 30:
You can use this link to check the points required for booking classic rewards.

Croupier

Can you tell me whats going on?
Croupier

Ok do you have a link for taxes?
Croupier
at 23:00, Jan 30:

Just tried chrome not working
Croupier
at 23:01, Jan 30:

Can you please email me a screen shot of your Qantas website showing that flights departing Kiev can be booked online?
Rokz
Taxes will differ on each destination.

Rokz
We will only see it once we process the booking.

Croupier
at 23:02, Jan 30:

Ok then tell me the taxes form Kiev to Doha in Y and J please
Rokz
at 23:02, Jan 30:
One moment please.

Croupier
at 23:03, Jan 30:

Pplease also for both one way and return seperately
Rokz
at 23:04, Jan 30:
Sure. Let me get the price for you.

Croupier
at 23:05, Jan 30:

The reason I ask is because for example: One way HKG to CMB is about $50 Aud in Tax, return HKG to CMB is as expected$100 aud in tax, but CMB to HKG one way is over $200 aud in taxes?
Rokz
at 23:07, Jan 30:
I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Croupier
at 23:07, Jan 30:

ok
Rokz
at 23:09, Jan 30:
I'll be right with you.

Rokz
at 23:11, Jan 30:
Sorry for the delay. I'm trying to create a quote for you so I can get the taxes.

Croupier
at 23:13, Jan 30:

ok
Croupier
at 23:13, Jan 30:

I would still like to know why I cant do this myself?
Rokz
at 23:15, Jan 30:
Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Rokz
at 23:19, Jan 30:
As I've checked, the reason why it's not showing on the website is because it requires to have a destination located in Australia. There are no Qantas flights available that are originating from Keiv.

Croupier
at 23:20, Jan 30:

I realize this but I am not trying to book a Qantas flight Im trying to book a Oneworld partner award
Croupier
at 23:20, Jan 30:

There are also no qantas flights departing Bangkok to Kiev but I can search this on the Qantas partner award booking page?
Rokz
at 23:21, Jan 30:
Yes you can.

Croupier
at 23:22, Jan 30:

So your statement doesn't make sense
Croupier
at 23:22, Jan 30:

Emphasis on QANTAS FLIGHTS, I know I can search partner awards from BKK to KBP
Croupier
at 23:23, Jan 30:

You said"because it requires to have a destination located in Australia"
Croupier

BKK to KBP is not a destination in Australia
Rokz
That's right, that's why there are no Qantas flights for that destination.

Rokz
at 23:24, Jan 30:
Most of the flight going to KBP are operated by Qatar Airways.

Croupier

Your not making any sense at all KBP is a valid location if flying from BKK but ceases to become a valid location if flying KBP to BKK
Croupier

Crazy u have to agree
Croupier
at 23:25, Jan 30:

Exactly and thats what Im looking for QR award space
Croupier
at 23:25, Jan 30:

of course qantas doesnt fly to Kiev
Rokz
at 23:26, Jan 30:
You should contact Qatar Airways instead to assist you with your booking since the flights are operated by them.

Croupier
at 23:26, Jan 30:

But your reasoning is that I cant search flights from Kiev to anywhere because Qantas doesnt fly to Kiev then if that is the case how come I can search for flights from Bangkok to Kiev when Qantas doesnt fly that route?
Croupier
at 23:27, Jan 30:

Why should I contact Qatar?
Croupier

Im trying to use my Qantas points to fly on Qatar a Qantas partner?
Croupier

Really you should know this
Croupier
at 23:28, Jan 30:

If I call Qatar they will laugh and say you cant redeem qantas points thought Qatar contact Qantas
Croupier
at 23:30, Jan 30:

Anyway so how about those taxes and fess you were looking up for me?
Rokz
I can book the flight that you want here on my end if you wish to.

Croupier

I just want a quote on the taxes
Rokz
at 23:32, Jan 30:
Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Rokz
at 23:35, Jan 30:
KBP to DOH tax is $180 AUD.

Rokz
at 23:38, Jan 30:
For return flights tax is $240 AUD

Rokz
at 23:40, Jan 30:
DOH to KBP tax is only $81 AUD.

Croupier
at 23:41, Jan 30:

Ok great, thank you Rokz, you ROCK!! Have a good night mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: VPS
Just a data point, which I'm sure you're aware of, but I know the reason you cannot originate from Muscat & Doha with Qantas is because of the currency volatility - so you must ring QF who issue the tickets with taxes in $US. I'd hazard a guess this is the same for Ukraine.

Might be a radical idea, how about QF post that info regarding having to call them for certain origins.. on their website..! :rolleyes:

Just a data point, which I'm sure you're aware of, but I know the reason you cannot originate from Muscat & Doha with Qantas is because of the currency volatility - so you must ring QF who issue the tickets with taxes in $US. I'd hazard a guess this is the same for Ukraine.

Are you sure that's the reason? I wouldn't consider the rial a volatile currency.

Last edited:
The Qantas site has had a limitation on being able to book award seats from certain origins for a long time.

And also note with some you can book awards one way but not the other.

A couple of outrageously comical and equally absurd chats from the past couple of days.

Ever wondered how you can get Qantas Lifetime Gold in just two flights - in economy? And did you know classic flights rewards earn points and status credits? Read on to learn how we've all apparently had it so wrong for so long.

(Names changed.)

Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
Info: Hello, you're now chatting with Thea.
How can I help you today?
Passenger: Hello. I’ve been trying to use the online frequent flyer calculator but like a lot of things on the Qantas website, it’s average. Could you please advise the number of QFF points and status credits for a Platinum member on the following routes, all in full fare business: (a) DOH-SEZ on QR; (b) DOH-KBP on QR; (c) DOH-BGW on QR; (d) DOH-SKG on QR; (e) DOH-SKP on QR; (f) LAX-EZE on AA; (g) IAD-HKG on AA; (h) IAD-HKG on CX; (i) DOH-WDH on QR; (j) DOH-SJJ on QR; (k) AMM-DME on RJ; (l) AMM-LCA on RJ; (m) AMM-MUC on RJ; (n) AMM-AMS on RJ; (o) AMM-BCN on RJ; (p) HEL-LAX on BA; (q) HEL-LAX on AY; (r) DOH-HEL on QR; (s) HEL-PMI on AY; (t) DOH-RAK on QR; (u) AMM-BGW on QR; (v) MAD-LAX on BA; (w) MAD-LAX on IB; (x) BOS-NRT on JL; (y) BOS-NRT on AA; (z); (aa) DOH-DUB on QR; (ab) DOH-GYD on QR; (ac) LAX-SCL on AA; (ad) LAX-SCL on LA; (ae) HND-JFK on AA; (af) HND-JFK on JL?

Thea
: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Thea: Allow me to check this for you, [passenger].

Passenger: Thank you.

Thea: You are welcome.

Thea: Please bear with me as I am doing this manually, thank you.

Passenger: Thank you.

Thea: You are welcome.

Thea: I appreciate your patience. For DOH-SEZ on QR- 2,083 pts and 0 status credits. DOH-KBP on QR - 2,053 pts and 0 status credits. DOH-BGW on QR- 702 pts and 0 credits.

Thea: DOH-SKG on QR- 1,955 and 0 credits, DOH-SKP on QR-2,038 and 0 credits,LAX-EZE on AA- 6,116 and 0 credits. IAD-HKG on AA-8,161 and 0 credits.

Thea: DOH-WDH on QR -4,010 and 0 credits, DOH-SJJ on QR- 2,259 and 0 credits, AMM-DME on RJ- 1,665 and 0 credits, AMM-LCA on RJ- 1,665 and 0 credits, AMM-MUC on RJ- 261 pts and 0 credits.

Thea: AMM-AMS on RJ-2,118 and 0 credirts , AMM-BCN on RJ- 1,986 and 0 credits. HEL-LAX on BA- 5,612 and 0 credits , HEL-LAX on AY-5,612 and 0 credits.

Thea: DOH-HEL on QR-2,733 and 0 credits, HEL-PMI on AY-1,728 and 0 credits ,DOH-RAK on QR-3,610-0 credits, AMM-BGW on QR-505 and 0 credits, MAD-LAX on BA-5,836 and 0 credits, MAD-LAX on IB- 5,836 and 0 credits , BOS-NRT on JL-5,836 and 0 credits , BOS-NRT on AA-6,706 and 0 credits.

Thea: DOH-DUB on QR-3,526 and 0 credits, DOH-GYD on QR-1,053 and 0 credits (ac) LAX-SCL on AA- 5,580 and 0 credits, LAX-SCL on LA-5,580 and 2,850 credits, HND-JFK on AA- 6,767 and 0 credits , HND-JFK on JL- 6,7867 and 9,400 credits.

Thea: I am done quoting the points and status credits for each roue.

Thea: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Passenger: Okay. While I appreciate your time, the information you have provided is 100% incorrect. Would you like to have another go or should I phone Qantas for the correct information?

Thea: Base on my system that is the required credits and points to earn for Platinum you area able to check that using this link.

Thea: Those are the list of partner airlines, you are able to view if you can earn points or credits from their flights.

Thea: For example Emirates. You can only earn points but not credits.

Thea: Click here.

Thea: Depends on the fares, you are able to earn points and credits to an eligible fares.

Thea: The effective way for us to see or view the exact credits and points to earn is if you have a live booking.

Passenger: Right. Okay then. So you're saying that I first need to make a reservation before I can determine the status credits and points earning, is that correct?

Thea: Yes, that is correct, because the system will ask the exact fare class for each route.

Passenger: Okay. So what is the use of the calculator you provided me by way of the link, above?

Thea: That way we are able to know if we can earn points and credits for this flight et al.

Passenger: So, again, what is the point of the calculator

Passenger: ?

Thea: Those are the exact credits and points to earn if you booked classic reward economy.

Thea: Those are the exact credits and points to earn if you booked classic reward economy.

Passenger: Oh. So now you're saying that it's possible to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points and status credits on "classic reward economy" tickets, is that correct?

Thea: It is a must to book first for us to know hoe many points and credits you can earn from your fare class.

Thea: Yes and those are the breakdown above fro example from HND-JFK on JL, you can earn 6,7867 and 9,400 credits.

Thea: If you booked a classic reward fares.

Thea: fare*

Passenger: Okay. A couple of points. First, I didn't ask you (at the start of this chat) about classic reward fares; I asked you about full business fares for a Platinum. Second, on the information you have provided for HND-JFK, I would qualify for Qantas Platinum (several times over) with just this one flight, is that correct?

Thea: Yes you are correct. I used the classic reward fare for me to know the exact value of credit as my system can only read classic fares, unless there is a live booking.

Thea: credit and points*

Passenger: Okay, great. So, just so I can make 100% certain, if I book HND-JFK on JL in full fare business I will earn 67,867 Qantas Frequent Flyer points and 9400 status credits, for that one flight, is that correct?

Thea: This quote (JFK on JL, you can earn 6,7867 and 9,400 credits.) is for economy. We need a live booking for me to get the exact quote as JL business fares are different to Qantas.

Thea: HND-JFK*

Passenger: Oh, okay. So that was for economy even though I asked for business. So, once again, just to be 100% certain, JFK-HND on JL in full fare economy will earn 67,867 Qantas Frequent Flyer points and 9400 status credits, is that correct?

Thea: Yes [passenger] you are correct.

Thea: I am unable to enter the JL's business class fare as it is different to our type of class hope you understand so I have to use a standard quote for you to have a back ground.

Thea: The point here is that you are able to earn points and credits to a flights operated by one world alliance and partner airlines.

Passenger: Okay. I think that might do it for now. Thank you for your time.

Passenger: Goodbye.

Info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
Info: Hello, you're now chatting with Simon.
How can I help you today?
Info:
Passenger: Hello. I’ve been trying to use the online frequent flyer calculator but like a lot of things on the Qantas website, it’s average. Could you please advise the number of QFF points and status credits for a Platinum member on the following routes, all in full fare business: (a) DOH-SEZ on QR; (b) DOH-KBP on QR; (c) DOH-BGW on QR; (d) DOH-SKG on QR; (e) DOH-SKP on QR; (f) LAX-EZE on AA; (g) IAD-HKG on AA; (h) IAD-HKG on CX; (i) DOH-WDH on QR; (j) DOH-SJJ on QR; (k) AMM-DME on RJ; (l) AMM-LCA on RJ; (m) AMM-MUC on RJ; (n) AMM-AMS on RJ; (o) AMM-BCN on RJ; (p) HEL-LAX on BA; (q) HEL-LAX on AY; (r) DOH-HEL on QR; (s) HEL-PMI on AY; (t) DOH-RAK on QR; (u) AMM-BGW on QR; (v) MAD-LAX on BA; (w) MAD-LAX on IB; (x) BOS-NRT on JL; (y) BOS-NRT on AA; (z); (aa) DOH-DUB on QR; (ab) DOH-GYD on QR; (ac) LAX-SCL on AA; (ad) LAX-SCL on LA; (ae) HND-JFK on AA; (af) HND-JFK on JL; (ag) BZE-LAX on AA; (ah) BZE-CLT on AA; (aI) MEX-CLT on AA?

Simon: Hi, [passenger]. May I know if you already booked these flights?

Passenger: Umm, no.

Passenger: That is, no, I have not yet booked these flights.

Simon: The Status Credit will depend if the flight is a connecting or direct flight. It also depend on your tier and the operating carrier of your flight. I highly suggest booking it first for you to check if you will book a direct or connecting flight.

Passenger: Oh, okay. So you suggest I outlay upwards of $75,000, just so I can first determine how many frequent flyer points and status credits I will earn, is that your advice?

Simon: Yes, you are correct. Because it will really depend. I might quote you an incorrect number.

Passenger: Oh, okay. Sure. We wouldn't a Qantas agent giving incorrect advice. So if I book the flights, how will I then know the status credits and points earning?

Simon: You may do it on this link.

Passenger: Great. But that link doesn't seem to require me to have booked any flights first, however.

Simon: It will not but for you to have the correct quote you need to book it first. Because it will really depend on the flight that you booked.

Passenger: Hmmmm. Okay. If I book those 30-odd flights first and then use the calculator in the link you provided me only to learn the status credits and points earning is not what I had hoped for, how would I go about cancelling those 30-odd flights and getting a full refund?

Simon: You can do it online as long as the ticket that you have purchased is refundable.

Passenger: Oh, okay. So not only do I have to book all 30-odd flights first in order to determine the status credit and points earning, I also have to make sure those flights are fully refundable, is that correct?

Simon: Yes, you are correct.

Simon: The reason why I am asking you to book your flight first is because there are flights that has different stop over and you will have different points in every stop over.

Simon: For example, Sydney to Dubai. There are flights that has a stop over in Singapore or Hong Kong. There's also flights that is direct flight.

Passenger: Well, naturally. But I didn't ask you about SYD-DXB or any other flight with a stopover. I gave you direct flights, between two cities, with no stopovers. Are you sure there is no easier way to determine the Platinum status credits and points earning on these full fare business fares, without actually booking all 30-odd first?

Simon: Alright, just to confirm you already check this flights and it has a direct flight, correct?

Passenger: Yes, they are all direct flights.

Simon: One moment, please.

Simon: May I confirm that you check this flight with Qantas website?

Passenger: How would I check these flights on the Qantas website?

Simon: Thank you for letting me know. You can check it on this link.

Simon: We don't have flight to Mahe Island [Seychelles, SEZ]. That's the reason why I am asking you to book it first so you will know if we do have flight on those destination.

Passenger: Okay. Well, first, you provided a link to the Qantas website but it may surprise you to know that there are many, many other flights in the world that are not bookable on the Qantas website. The flights above are just some of those. Second, I'm well aware Qantas does not fly to SEZ, hence the reason I asked for the earning on DOH-SEZ.

Simon: I have exhausted everything to check how many points you will get to those flight.

Since you are a Platinum member, I would suggest contacting our Platinum hotline for further assistance. I am so sorry. I have limited access to this thing since my expertise is booking flights.

Here's their number, [Special Service Team number, which the passenger isn't entitled to].

Please accept my sincer apology, [passenger].

Passenger: Okay. Thank you for your time. And thank you for providing me with the number to the Special Service Team.

Passenger: Goodbye.

Simon: It is my pleasure to help a customer like you.

Simon: We really appreciate a customer like you that is loyal to Qantas because you will not get to that tier if you are not a loyal customer of Qantas.

Passenger: Okay then. Bye now.

The Frequent Flyer Concierge team takes the hard work out of finding reward seat availability. Using their expert knowledge and specialised tools, they'll help you book a great trip that maximises the value for your points.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

FFS can you say inept? My god, the above two agents are less than useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back