Points calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansettrule

Intern
Hi all I have a question.I have just upgraded Gold card at westpac to Gold Altitude with gold amex chucked in.
My first purchase after transferming balance was a $605 hotel charge in Melbourne and that was the only charge so far and now I have 11222 altitude points ????
I used the amex card so i got 2 for 1 points but that is a little incorrect i think,can anyone help me in how they allocate points because I will use the card for every single purchase i make if this is the way the points are going to be calculated.
Reward flight in the bag already from 1 purchase.
Thankyou
:p :p :p :p :p

Maybe they gave you 10000 points for upgrading or something like that. Not sure otherwise how they would have got to the number of points you got.

I think they may have:

$605 charged on Amex, 2 pts per $1 spend
10,000 point conversion bonus.

Total 11,210

Still leaves 12 points to account. In true accounting style I'm going to put it in 'Rounding Errors"

I must say thankyou to westpac for the bonus points as they have just given me a return upgrade with Malaysia Airlines to Kuala Lumpur in August.
Bonus for me

I do not know what the conversion rate to Malaysian Airlines is....

But to QF the Altitude points get halved...

lovetravellingoz said:
I do not know what the conversion rate to Malaysian Airlines is....

But to QF the Altitude points get halved...

The conversion rate is the same to Qantas, Velocity and Enrich (2 Altitude points = 1 FF point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back