Points by paying house deposit on CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caversham04

A handy tip and a nice little earner for those buying a house - I've just been able to pay the deposit for our house purchase using my NAB Qantas Visa card...... with no surcharge applied :eek:

Sadly, they didn't take Amex :)

Now all I need to do is sign up for enough credit cards to allow me to pay for the balance without going over the monthly limits on any of the cards!

A handy tip and a nice little earner for those buying a house - I've just been able to pay the deposit for our house purchase using my NAB Qantas Visa card...... with no surcharge applied :eek:

Now all I need to do is sign up for enough credit cards to allow me to pay for the balance without going over the monthly limits on any of the cards!

was it a Brand new house and land package??

ive never heard credit card acceptance for a standard 2nd hand house purchase via an agent

I remember L J Hooker doping it a few years ago. I wonder if they still do...

ive never heard credit card acceptance for a standard 2nd hand house purchase via an agent

House and land (with the house currently under construction)...... the deposit was paid to the Estate Agent, into their trust account, and they were happy to take Visa. I specifically asked them and they advised that there were no CC fees :eek:

Given what you say, it may not be applicable for most people, but it's always worth asking - 25k points for free? Don't mind if I do :)

Recently asked for another new apartment development - direct deposit or bank cheque were the only options.

Just to confirm, the full set of points for the house deposit appeared on my CC statement today. Always worth checking if the estate agent will accept CC payments....

direct deposit and bank cheque were only options when we paid our deposit for an established house a few weeks ago.

I was able to pay stamp duty about 8 years ago with CC, there was the surcharge of course :( but still a nice amount of points in the end

Which state was that in? I'm in NSW and wasn't able to pay my stamp duty on CC earlier this year even though the OSR takes it for other imposts.

OSR in Qld will allow me to pay our stamp duty on a house purchase via cc. Had to tee it up with the conveyancer. At 0.4% surcharge (visa / mc) I'm hoping city come to the party? Anyone know if they pay points for this biller?

I have paid 5K deposits for cars twice in WA, think with the economy the way it is they would accept buttons

Which state was that in? I'm in NSW and wasn't able to pay my stamp duty on CC earlier this year even though the OSR takes it for other imposts.
How amazing. I Google this topic, and find this thread, with an answer from two days ago.

Citybonk are still recognising Qld OSR as a valid biller for CC spend / points earn. Large numbers of points paid for my stamp duty contribution on our "dream home" (financial nightmare?).

Do most credit cards earn points regardless of what the actual purchase is?

@bean: it is unfortunately becoming more variable. Quite a few cc providers are excluding ATO payments these days, for example. Some also exclude insurance. I was just providing a follow-up to say cit1bank are still paying points for bills paid at the Qld OSR as of a few days ago.

I'm in a similar position, I'm looking at extending my house and the guy just told me I can pay for the whole lot (probably about $110,000) on credit card to get the points if I want. I need to double check if there is a surcharge which will obviously impact my decision but he did mention visa or mastercard only. Can anyone recommend what card would resent the best earning opportunity for either qantas or asia miles?

Not sure about Qantas. Asia Miles visa/mc you would prefer citi prestige card (1pt per dollar) but it's an expensive card to take out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back