platinum reserve card application form

Status
Not open for further replies.

panadol89

Hi,

Called Amex few times to get the application form, but seems never happen. Can anyone send me a scanned copy? Thanks.

I understand the AMEX Platinum Reserve card was discontinued in 2014, and replaced by the Platinum Edge card for new applicants.

I have applied for and received Platinum Reserve Card - apart from the $400 Travel Credit does this card have any value at all?

I have applied for and received Platinum Reserve Card - apart from the $400 Travel Credit does this card have any value at all?

55 days interest free doesn't hurt, as opposed to the charge card which requires payment after 44 days. Also another card to get Amex offers on.

55 days interest free doesn't hurt, as opposed to the charge card which requires payment after 44 days. Also another card to get Amex offers on.
Ok tks Daver6 - interest free days useless IMHO in these days of pygmy interest rates - OK offers might be useful also but the Platinum offers have been abysmal of late.

Agree on all accounts. The main reason, as you noted, is the $400 travel credit. You'd think Amex could just save themselves the additional cost of this card and offer charge card holders a $700 credit and be done with it.

You'd think Amex could just save themselves the additional cost of this card and offer charge card holders a $700 credit and be done with it.

For starters, there are examples of people being refused the Reserve on credit grounds.

See, for example:

Unfortunately being accepted for the Platinum Charge doesnt mean you will get accepted for the Reserve. It is a ticket in a lottery - even though the income treshold of the Charge is higher Amex can still (and will) refuse the Reserve if they want to, without any explanation. So it is not an automatic perk for the Charge. I put in a complaint about this process - see earlier thread. Currently under investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
My application was just rejected. Going to give them a call to see what's going on.

I believe if you reach your points cap on the Charge you can get around that with the Reserve which has the same earn structure.

Any chance someone could PM me the application form PDF or upload a link?
Thanks!

Do anyone have a PDF file for this application form? I got the Platinum Charge card and want to get the Platinum Reserve Card, but the application form never arrived despite calling them a few times already.

Do anyone have a PDF file for this application form? I got the Platinum Charge card and want to get the Platinum Reserve Card, but the application form never arrived despite calling them a few times already.
Ditto to the above. If anyone has a copy of the form could you please upload.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back