Platinum Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm

You will enjoy one domestic economy return flight with Qantas, every year, for travel to selected Australian Capital cities. Whether you are flying between Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide or Brisbane, Qantas offer a range of flights from these destinations. And there are no additional Government and airport taxes and charges for you to pay for the flight.

Seems to be some cities missing.....

Amex moved the goal posts in June this year and took Sydney to Perth out of the equation, but I think they still offer Perth to Sydney ??. So for the $200 extra you pay for the Plat card you can probably get a cheaper return flight between cities on the east coast in any event. I signed up for Plat card in May 2006 and because I had the card before they changed the rules I am still entitled to SYDPER flight which I have booked for May next year, and then I will revert back to a rewards maximiser.

I did get a letter from them a few months ago about the changes, and its effect on Perth! Being from Perth, it didn't affect me so much at the time. What is different now is that the advertsing material only lists four cities, I certainly don't recall it being written in that way before.

In the terms and conditions there are still flights listed as available from Perth (and Darwin and Hobart and Canberra), it is the marketing spiel that seems to have changed a bit. Not sure why.

Yeah, I was in a similar boat.

First year of Amex Plat (just ended), I booked my free flight Brisbane-Perth.

The retail value of the flight was roughly around $630 if I recall correctly.

A couple of months later, they changed the goalposts. Perth was out of the equation for East coast residents, although Perth residents did still have some East coast opportunities.

Unfortunately the changes took effect at the end of my first year, otherwise I would have booked another BNE-PER flight for this year before the changes took effect.

Instead I'll have to book BNE-ADL I think to try and get some value out of the deal.

(BTW, I think this new Dior/Amex promotion ain't that special ... then again, I'm not female lol :) )

Hmm - just comparing that to what I currently have - a standard Amex Gold Chrage Card. I pay about $260 per year for my card and mrssimongr - this is an extra $135 for 1.5 points - not actually a bad idea...

Don't forget if you belong to CPA, LIV, APESMA etc you are entitled to the reduced fee of $295.

Mal said:
I think this new Dior/Amex promotion ain't that special ... then again, I'm not female lol :)

I'm not female either but I want that Dior stuff! I'm already a member though so is this only for new people who are joining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back