Platinum Edge points earn at Dan Murphys and friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundawake

Hi guys,

Was just checking my points balance on my account, and noticed that at both Dan Murphy's and also a Woolworths owned ALH pub bottle shop drive thru, I earned 2 points per dollar. You are only meant to earn 2 points per dollar at servos... I don't have either of those alcohol retailers added to the Local Champion thingy on the iOS app.

If anyone else has shopped at Dan's lately, can you have a look to see how many points you earned?

There have been reports of people actually earning 3 points at some DM's, I have no idea why some get 2 pts and some 3.

This all comes down to how the merchant is encoded I suspect, if they have a merchant code that Amex thinks is part o Woolworths you get 3 pts.

I recently earned 1 point per $ buying an egift card (statement credit deal). Weird.

Hi guys,

Was just checking my points balance on my account, and noticed that at both Dan Murphy's and also a Woolworths owned ALH pub bottle shop drive thru, I earned 2 points per dollar. You are only meant to earn 2 points per dollar at servos... I don't have either of those alcohol retailers added to the Local Champion thingy on the iOS app.

If anyone else has shopped at Dan's lately, can you have a look to see how many points you earned?

I get 2/$ in Dan's store, and 3/$ if I order Dan's online for delivery or click and collect.

3 ppd AND 5% off of you buy WW cards and then buy online (plus cash back points), so I don't think I'm about to find out what you get in store.

New Platinum Charge card holder here. It seems as though the Edge is better the points earner to have as a companion card since it earns 3pts/$ at supermarkets and 2pts/$ at petrol stations whereas the Reserve has the same points earn structure as the charge card. Have I read this right or is there a compelling reason to get the Reserve over the Edge?

TIA.

The edge has a better points earning structure to go along with the plat charge, but unfortunately it can't be had as a free companion card.

You could grab a no-annual fee fortune first year edge through a current referral offer though :). After the first year the fee would return to normal though.

Both the edge and the reserve come with free flights although the destinations are greater with the reserve.

Best to have both I think....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back