Platinum Charge - Stainless Steel Card for Oz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not, then the fee here would no doubt go up to $1500.

uber credits here would be a welcome addition. no way the annual fee can go up. it's already at the high end

Meh, I wouldn't find a value in the Uber credit, especially as its a monthly credit which expires each month. When we use Uber its usually in runs, a few times a year (weekends away, etc.) so most months (6 of the 12?) we'd lose the credit. And I don't believe we have Uber VIP here, and from what I've read, few are impressed with it.

With the difference in the annual fee of here vs. US, I'd think ours should already be metal, with a diamond for the Centurion's eye. What I'd like to see is no overseas commission fees, or some other added travel perk, instead of changes that make members question the value of the card....

Who cares what material the card is made of?! for the annual fee paid we should get more real benefits like X5 points on flight bookings as the US card and if the Explorer gets $400 travel credit Plat should get double.

Who cares what material the card is made of?! for the annual fee paid we should get more real benefits like X5 points on flight bookings as the US card and if the Explorer gets $400 travel credit Plat should get double.

You will 'effectively' get AUD700 travel credit on the Platinum Charge after 29 March 2017 (AUD300 direct and AUD400 via the free Reserve). Reasonable for AUD950 as a PA card.

The fee is $1200 now.

You will 'effectively' get AUD700 travel credit on the Platinum Charge after 29 March 2017 (AUD300 direct and AUD400 via the free Reserve). Reasonable for AUD950 as a PA card.

It is the standard 100k ATM but with a $1100 spend. Better value if you are going to keep it for more than the first year.

Well I wasn't planing to keep it but their travel insurance is so efficient that it easily covers the annual fee (if your luggage gets lost more than once).

If your luggage gets lost more than once?!?! Stop flying Tiger! :D

Re the Plat fee, I thought PA=Per Annum. Lucky you then to pay $950, but I think the majority are on the $1200, I see even Law Society NSW is up to $1100 now. Amex must love CPA's better than lawyers.

Well I wasn't planing to keep it but their travel insurance is so efficient that it easily covers the annual fee (if your luggage gets lost more than once).

Even with the price rise we're still twice the price as in the US and with fewer benefits. E.g. they get 5-6 points per dollar on restaurants. I guess it's the Australia tax!

If your luggage gets lost more than once?!?! Stop flying Tiger! :D

I haven't started flying Tiger :p

Short connections between different alliances is a proven recipe for misplaced luggage and unfortunately (or fortunately now thanks to AMEX ;) ) I have a few of those each year.

With the new Explorer card that earns X2 points on everything and virtually pays for itself, there is little sense in keeping the Plat. AMEX should at least offer similar perks to the US card.

Engineers australia do a gold, plat edge ($149) and platinum ($950).
Plat edge has free virgin flight still
Can also opt in to qantas on the edge :)

Do they check your validity when you sign up to these job specific cards?

I had to enter my membership number when I applied for my PA cards but it is unknown if Amex actually check if the membership number is valid and/or belongs to the applicant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back