Platinum Charge Card - Cancelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quattro

Virgin
Platinum
Hi,

I've noticed that people haven't been eligible for Platinum Charge Card signon bonuses, but have still received them. Reason why they weren't technically eligible is because they currently hold a card, or haven't waited the 18mths.

What I'm wondering is, has anyone had experience cancelling their charge card, and then signing up to it again shortly after?

I had a Gold charge card and asked to swap to Platinum. Received the sign up bonus at the time but wasn’t expecting it. I didn’t complain.

I had a Gold charge card and asked to swap to Platinum. Received the sign up bonus at the time but wasn’t expecting it. I didn’t complain.
Hmm. I have a feeling you'd get the same result by cancelling and reapplying, being you almost did that by going from gold to plat..

Thanks

Hmm. I have a feeling you'd get the same result by cancelling and reapplying, being you almost did that by going from gold to plat..

Thanks
Sorry, yes to clarify, I had to apply for platinum and then I rang to cancel the gold

Sorry, yes to clarify, I had to apply for platinum and then I rang to cancel the gold
Yes, ok interesting. Definitely seems to be the case then. Thank you very much for reporting on your personal experience!

Now do I risk it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back