Platinum Charge Avis preferred discounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
I have a discount code which I have used many times over the years for Hertz rentals when using my Platinum Amex card and have Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Five Star membership as one of the card benefits.

I also have Avis Preferred as a card benefit but the prices are never cheaper when I get Avis online quotes even though the Amex Benefits section on the website states: Increased savings on car rentals worldwide.

Does anyone know of a Platinum discount code that can be used for Avis rentals?

The Amex site also states for both Hertz and Avis "Complimentary one car-class upgrade, subject to availability" but I don't usually get offered an upgrade with Hertz rentals, either here or overseas. I do select the class of car I will be happy with but should I be requesting an upgrade when I pick up the car or would it just be offered if you are going to get one?

The Avis Preferred benefit from the Amex card seems to be a joke, at least in Australia, since anyone can sign up for Avis Preferred for free and in Australia they don't have membership tiers like they do in some other markets.

Thanks opusman. I usually find Hertz to be the cheapest when compared with Avis but there are a couple of places we're going to next year that we'll have to book Avis.

One trick I've learned is don't confine yourself to the one Avis website. Often you can find a rental a lot cheaper on another site (e.g. renting in Europe, the Australian website may be cheaper. Or vice versa).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back