Platinum Amex changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAX_1

Received today.

Dear Peter,
As a CommBank Platinum Awards cardholder you have access to the largest rewards program of any bank in Australia* and the ability to redeem exclusively in-store at Myer or Flight Centre, or choose from over 1,000 Award items.
So that we're able to continue to deliver this value for our customers, we've made some changes to the CommBank Awards Program linked to your credit card.
Effective from the date your statement period begins in October 2013

• The CommBank Awards points you can earn using your CommBank Platinum Awards American Express(R) Card will change from 3 to 2.5 points per $1 spent~. There will be no change to the points earned on your CommBank Platinum Awards MasterCard(R) or Visa card.
Under these changes, a CommBank Platinum Awards customer spending $45,000 per annum, if spent equally over CommBank Platinum Awards MasterCard and CommBank Awards American Express Card will earn 78,750 CommBank Awards points in a year. This equates to $423 to redeem in store at Myer or Flight Centre^.
Any questions?
Visit our website - For frequently asked questions or to view the variation to the Awards Program Terms and Conditions please type this link into your browser commbank.com.au/creditcardstc
Call us - Call 13 1661 between 8am and 8pm, Monday to Friday (Sydney/Melbourne time)
*Source: Roy Morgan Research March 2013. Based on number of customers with rewards or loyalty cards.

~Up to the first 150,000 points earned per year or 120,000 for members with Qantas Frequent Flyer Direct.

^ The redeemable value of your points is subject to change. Ask in-store to check the redeemable value of your points.

MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

American Express is a trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Commonwealth Bank of Australia pursuant to a licence from American Express.

Please do not reply. To confirm this is a genuine email sent by the Bank, please check your inbox on the NetBank home page.

I got this one:

As a CommBank Platinum Awards cardholder you have access to the largest rewards program of any bank in Australia* and the ability to redeem exclusively in-store at Myer or Flight Centre, or choose from over 1,000 Award items.
So that we're able to continue to deliver this value for our customers, we've made some changes to the CommBank Awards Program linked to your credit card.

Effective from the date your statement period begins in October 2013

The CommBank Awards points you can earn using your CommBank Platinum Awards American Express(R) Card will change from 3 to 2.5 points per $1 spent~. There will be no change to the points earned on your CommBank Platinum Awards MasterCard(R) or Visa card.

We have identified that you don't actively use your CommBank Platinum Awards American Express Card therefore there may be no difference in the number of points you earn each month.

So I'm going to give them a call about that last bit.

@wind_

That's a rude claim by the bank. Out of curiousity is it a true claim by the bank?

It couldn't of been further from the truth since I use a Citibank Signature card for all non-Amex transactions.

When I asked CBA to confirm that all my purchases were Amex, there were zero MasterCard transactions and that the statement put forward by CBA was false, all they could say was "Oh..."

Still no luck in getting an upgrade to Diamond though, even when I mentioned that I had a pre-approval for a mortgage with them :-|

Sorry to hear. It's probably easier to upgrade to Diamond by paying the full annual fee than getting it free with the mortgage package. What works in the best interests of the bank prevails.

All credit card accounts with a $15k + limit are eligible for Diamond.
I am assuming you have a lower limit than $15k?

Got upgraded from Plat to Diamond this week, same fee as Plat. Limit is < $15k. Finally worthwhile QFF point earning potential... but hardly worth it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back