Perth terminal 1 Qantas Lounge

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by jveevers, May 13, 2018.

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
(Click HERE for a welcome message from our founder.)

Our site contains tons of information that is guaranteed to improve your travel experience. Be it tips on how to fly in First/Business at a reduced cost, smart ways to earn more points, the best way to use your points, cheap deals, hand-picked hotel recommendations, detailed trip reports.

We hope you find the information useful and decide to join our online community.

Joining AFF is fast, simple and ABSOLUTELY FREE - so why not join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear freeing up more space on your screen!
And you will see fewer advertisements :)

1. jveevers

jveevers Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Apparently Qantas is now operating its International flights from Terminal 4 and has a new Lounge there. I am flying out of Terminal 1, Perth-Dubai on Emirates metal but on a Qantas ticket. Not flying Business Class but have a Bank issued complimentary entry card which states that my flight must have a Qantas ticket, which I have. Therefore I cannot use the Emirates Lounge but does Qantas still have a lounge in T1 at International departures. I read this on Qantas....
    "The domestic and international lounges are combined. All eligible domestic and international departing customers are invited to use this lounge. Access for International passengers is only available prior to clearing customs and immigration.".....
    Does this mean that i have to enter the lounge and then allow time to pass customs and Immigration prior to boarding.?
    Anyone know if it is open all hours or just to coincide with flights? Cheers
    Advertisement

2. mannej

mannej Senior Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Perth
    It is pertinate to keep in mind that T4 to T1 isn’t a quick trip, so may be worth ditching the T4 lounge plans.

QF have removed all reference to the lounge at T1, so unless anyone has experience of using the lounge it’s hard to say what the opening hours/conditions are

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jveevers

jveevers Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Thanks mannej, I hadn't planned on going to T4 (sorry if was ambiguous) . I am definitely going/leaving T1.. Just not clear what the situation is with the Qantas lounge at T1 now that all their International flights leave at T4....

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Does the old international lounge still even operate?

5. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I think so - they were keeping it for partner flights. Probably needs a phone call to confirm

6. Bibendum

Bibendum Intern

Sep 5, 2016
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Can confirm the lounge is still in operation.. I use it regularly flying EY as a VA plat...

Obviously used for partners now, South African, Cathay Pacific and any other one world flights direct there guests there..

Don’t expect much...

7. Must...Fly!

Must...Fly! Established Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Perth
    Yes it is. They do good business operating for EY, QR, CX, SAA, etc (IIRC)

8. 11sjw

11sjw Established Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Perth
    Twitter:
    #8 11sjw, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
  9. AIRwin

AIRwin Established Member

Apr 13, 2013
    BNE
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  10. drb1979

drb1979 Intern

May 3, 2007
    London/Perth
    I was at this lounge last week waiting for the 7am CX flight to HKG

I wasnt expecting much but to be honest I thought it was quite reasonable - various hot dishes to choose from (eggs/sausages/bacon etc), barista coffee. I'm pretty sure there was only the CX flight leaving at that time so unless CX are paying extra for the food offering I would have thought it was standard for the QF lounge in Terminal 1?

Given the dire state of CX food in business I think making the most of half decent/fresh lounge food is the better option!

11. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
  12. 11sjw

11sjw Established Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Perth
    Twitter:
    Sounds like what I encountered there late last year prior to a QF flight to SIN.

13. Cynicor

Cynicor Established Member

Jun 13, 2007
    The QF lounge situation is a bit odd now.
    T1 has a QF lounge that isn't used by QF, only by partners.
    T3/4 international has a lounge that is for international QF9 LHR flights only, after int security and immigration
    T3/4 has a QP and Business lounge that are the old domestic offerings but also for anyone flying QF anywhere.
    So they now have the ADL like situation of no Qclub after security for most int flights.

14. 11sjw

11sjw Established Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Perth
    Twitter:
    The only other intl flight at the moment is to SIN. Not counting the JQ flights (do they still go out of T1?)

15. Cynicor

Cynicor Established Member

Jun 13, 2007
    SIN and Seasonal AKL.
    JQ have not moved.

16. 11sjw

11sjw Established Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Perth
    Twitter:
    Glad we did our SIN trip last year!

17. jveevers

jveevers Member

Apr 20, 2012
    So the lounge at T1 is open 11.00 to 18.00...... Emirates flight leaves at 22.20 so too bad for anyone on a QF ticket flying Emirates, lounge will be closed. In my case pass/invite is only valid until June 2018, I will be in Europe May 21 to July 6th....

18. Per_Travels

Per_Travels Member

May 20, 2011
    Perth
    I walked past the QF lounge on Tuesday evening (on my way to the EK lounge for the 22:20 flight) and I’m pretty sure there were people in it. This was about 9:30pm

19. Comoman

Comoman Active Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Perth
    T
    That’s not correct. QR,CX and SA all leave around midnight and they all use the QF T1 lounge,

20. SpudOz

SpudOz Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Perth
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    QF T1 lounge needs to stay open for the 3 flights of Jetstar bogans to Bali. Tongue in cheek, Im one of them. I wish QF would do at least 1 flight a day to Bali, it would be packed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1