Paying Stamp Duty in QLD... which card will give points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronjames000

Gents,

Quick question for the brains trust...

I have just purchased a property and will need to pay the stamp duty shortly.

Have looked on the Office of State Revenue website and it says they take credit cards via Bpoint.

I understand there is a surcharge of 0.4% which is fine, the question is about which card to use though..

Will my citibank signature visa earn points? or my HSBC qantas platinum visa?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aaron.

HSBC platinum worked when I paid it two years ago, and the card still paid for ATO 5 weeks ago, so I'd say it's fairly likely to pay for them now. Someone may have more recent data though.

Interesting, you have to pay the stamp duty separately? In Victoria it's just included in the total settlement price.

We instructed our QLD solicitor we wanted to pay the SD separately ... it was a big whack (6 figures) via our SMSF :mrgreen:

OP we didn't use any of the cards mentioned.

I just did the same thing with Qld stamp duty. I told the solicitor I wanted to pay it separately. Initially the paralegal said no, it wasn't possible, but I pushed and eventually they said yes. I just had to pay it a few days early and provide them with proof that I had paid.
I wouldn't wait until day of settlement to do it just in case it caused problems.
I used St George Visa and it worked well.
NB OSR website have a 50 K limit, so have to do it in 2 transactions

Has anyone used a Citibank card successfully

I just did the same thing with Qld stamp duty. I told the solicitor I wanted to pay it separately. Initially the paralegal said no, it wasn't possible, but I pushed and eventually they said yes. I just had to pay it a few days early and provide them with proof that I had paid.
I wouldn't wait until day of settlement to do it just in case it caused problems.
I used St George Visa and it worked well.
NB OSR website have a 50 K limit, so have to do it in 2 transactions

Has anyone used a Citibank card successfully

would be very keen to find out - we have a big one coming up and would be very keen to do the same in SA

I have successfully used Citi Prestige to pay stamp duty in QLD, and received the correct number of points.

+ 1 Same experience...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back