Paying off the card at Woolworths

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisb

I understand you can make payments to the Mastercard at Woolworths over the counter - Do these immediately reflect on the card balance or is there a delay?

Thanks.

Posts the same day, not immediately though

Well I'm impressed. I made a deposit at 6.09pm and i'm home at 6.44pm and it's showing on the available credit!

I wonder when the BPAY i made this morning will show up. I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday.

I always pay in cash at the check out - the only issue I have is not all staff know how to process the payments but that is improving (at my local store anyway!!)

Is it easier/faster to pay in cash at the checkout while making other purchases, or to make a separate trip to the customer service counter?

If its a staff member who knows how to do it then do it in the check out - doesn't take that long. If the staff member doesn't know I then walk around to the CS desk.

i paid mine at the cs counter freaked them out a bit cause i wanted to pay $10000 cash. Theres a 9000 limit though so had to make 2 trips. id sold my car that night and the guy paid cash. prefeedr not to have the money overnight at my house.

i paid mine at the cs counter freaked them out a bit cause i wanted to pay $10000 cash. Theres a 9000 limit though so had to make 2 trips. id sold my car that night and the guy paid cash. prefeedr not to have the money overnight at my house.

you can do more than $9k in payments, but it needs to be done in mutiple transactions (I have done it), think this has something to do with the $10k anti money laundering limits we have here in Australia. From my understanding, any transactions of $10,000 or more are required to be reported under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, so perhaps this is why the limit WOW put in place...?

you can do more than $9k in payments, but it needs to be done in mutiple transactions (I have done it), think this has something to do with the $10k anti money laundering limits we have here in Australia. From my understanding, any transactions of $10,000 or more are required to be reported under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, so perhaps this is why the limit WOW put in place...?

Could be, but multiple sub $10,000 transactions can result in a smurfing report!

Can you pay it off with EFTPOS at WW?

Can you pay it off at the self service kiosks at WW?

yes you can pay with bank/credit union EFTPOS card at WW

I don't believe you can self serve - I also do at operator checkout or service desk

I tried to pay $3000 on to my card today at WOW and was told, for the first time, that there was a limit of $2000 for cash. I was able to show a receipt where, not so long ago, I paid off more than that amount. The manager/supervisor indicated to me a screen that comes up that blocks a transaction if it's more than $2000 and told me that it can be overridden by an authorised person. He decided not to use his authority, which I was fine with. I asked if it was in the terms and conditions and he went away and found the document that indicated that it was in their staff policies and showed it to me. He also said that this had been in place for about 8 months.

I asked him if I could go away and come back and pay another transaction but he said that he thought that it was limited to $2000 per week. That was not stated in the document and I don't think that they can prove that you have made than one transaction but he indicated that there could be a follow up phone call from WOW if they think that there's a problem with paying large amounts by cash.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had problems with the $2k limit.

I tried to pay $3000 on to my card today at WOW and was told, for the first time, that there was a limit of $2000 for cash. I was able to show a receipt where, not so long ago, I paid off more than that amount. The manager/supervisor indicated to me a screen that comes up that blocks a transaction if it's more than $2000 and told me that it can be overridden by an authorised person. He decided not to use his authority, which I was fine with. I asked if it was in the terms and conditions and he went away and found the document that indicated that it was in their staff policies and showed it to me. He also said that this had been in place for about 8 months.

I asked him if I could go away and come back and pay another transaction but he said that he thought that it was limited to $2000 per week. That was not stated in the document and I don't think that they can prove that you have made than one transaction but he indicated that there could be a follow up phone call from WOW if they think that there's a problem with paying large amounts by cash.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had problems with the $2k limit.
That's a pretty small payment limit cf the credit limit a card may have. It could take a month or more to pay it off if that was the case.

Its BS......I got told Sunday of a $1k limit.....I threw down my last 3 payment receipts that I did in last week $2k, $2k and $2.1k.....she processed the $2k I had. I can only take $2k out of amt a day so rarely go over but will try tomorrow. I don't think they would know if you went to 2 different WOW. Shouldn't give out $15k credit limits if they don't want me to use it.

Either make more then 1 payment of "maximum allowed" or below; or if idiots, just go to another store(s).

Can they be paid at general checkouts, or must it be done at customer service? If not customer service, just go to all the checkouts!

Either make more then 1 payment of "maximum allowed" or below; or if idiots, just go to another store(s).

Can they be paid at general checkouts, or must it be done at customer service? If not customer service, just go to all the checkouts!
You can pay at any checkout as long as the operator is familiar with the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back