Pay $500 Tax and get 10,000 points (2016 version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumninja

Got this in the mail today:

"Receive 10,000 bonus Altitude Points when you pay your tax bill with your Altitude Black American Express card."

"Now paying your taxes can be rewarding - you'll receive 10,000 bonus Altitude Points when you use your Altitude Black American Express card with the Australian Taxation Office for a payment of $500 or more in one transaction. Bonus points apply only once per card account."

"Simply make a payment with the ATO on your Altitude Black American Express card ending ____ between 28 September and 31 October 2016 to receive your bonus points. BPAY payments excluded."

Mine is pay $500 for 5000 Qantas points. Easy done.

So, Forumninja, this was a physical letter? Is there any indication as to whether it's targeted or general? I have a tax payment to be paid on my Altitude Black Amex very soon.

So, Forumninja, this was a physical letter? Is there any indication as to whether it's targeted or general? I have a tax payment to be paid on my Altitude Black Amex very soon.

Physical letter. I assume targetted at those that have used their AMEX for ATO spend before...

I haven't seen an email but I was quite active with that Amex card until they messed with the rewards earn rate. I am ready to cut it up now that I have flushed out the warehoused points to Virgin and Kris Flyer when they were about to downgrade the transfer rates to SQ last month.

perhaps their analytics show that curbing Tax payments leads to overall reduction in spending on their cards (as it well should)

And I have used the card for ATO and didn't get the letter. I rarely use this card for anything now. All because they messed around with the points.

I've got Altitude Qantas Plat and never used it for ATO. Received the spend $500 ATO for 5000 QF points offer in the mail.

Might anyone who received this letter be willing to redact the personal information and post or PM an image of the letter content? I'd like to get targeted, but my contact at Westpac doesn't know anything about this. I'm on Altitude Rewards, so the 10k offer would be ideal, but the 5k Qantas offer might help them track it down.

Might anyone who received this letter be willing to redact the personal information and post or PM an image of the letter content? I'd like to get targeted, but my contact at Westpac doesn't know anything about this. I'm on Altitude Rewards, so the 10k offer would be ideal, but the 5k Qantas offer might help them track it down.

As requested
WBC.jpg

That was quick! Thanks, blackcat20. Was that an inclusion with a statement or did it arrive independently?

My Westpac contact confirms that this is targeted, and has struck out on an attempt to get me targeted. Oh, well.

I seem to remember seeing something about this but don't recall. Is there any way besides calling the bank during business hours to check if you have been targeted?

$7.25 Amex card fee (less any applicable tax deductions) on a $500 spend which gets you 10,375 QFF points is a good deal.

If you're earning QFF points the bonus is only 5000. 5375 points for $7.25 is still a pretty good deal, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back