Paris Suites! | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Paris Suites!

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
This trip started like most others - booked exclusively with QFF.

Back in May 2018, madrooster and I spent countless hours on the phone sorting out another holiday. We ended up ticketing - J QF BNE-SYD-HND, F JL HND-LHR, F CX CDG-HKG, J QF HKG-BNE. All was well until life got in the way around two weeks ago.

Both amaroos live busy lives, and having 3+ weeks away in the middle of some unexpected good business just didn't make sense. I was about to cancel when I thought: let's test P1 and see if it's actual worth something.

Boom - 2 x F SYD-LHR (with a side serve of J BNE-SYD) was released. How's that for value! A day or two later I thought geez, we've got all these Amex points lets try burning some..... before I knew it we were coming back from Paris on SQ suites. The suites trip cost 550,000 KF points, but we ended up getting back 434,000 QFF points minus the 10,000 point change fee - happy with that.... we also got around $100 back.

Instead of 3+ weeks in Scotland and other places - It's 5 nights in Paris!

Last edited:

love_the_life

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Enjoy the quick trip, though I’ve had enough of Paris now and could cheerfully not visit again though there are other areas in France I’d love to go back to.

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
The flights we'll be taking this trip....

J BNE-SYD QF

F SYD-SIN QF

F SIN-LHR QF

J LHR-CDG BA

SQ Suites CDG-SIN .... old style suites

SQ Suite SIN-SYD ....... new style suites

J SYD-MCY QF

All flights except BA LHR-CDG are awards. Pretty impressed all round with award availability, we're first time Suite flyers and haven't stepped foot on a SQ plane for well over a decade. Bit of an eye opener that someone like us, no status with SQ can secure awards for the best seats in the fleet weeks out from departure. Good luck doing that with QF!

We purposely decided to fly back via Syd just so we could see first hand the new suites cabin .... when I say we, I mean me. mrsamaroo couldn't give a rats :) This means we have a full day in Singapore - some more good food coming our way :)

tgh

AFF Supporter
Nice music .
I am quite looking forward to spending a few days in gay paree in June.
Of course we are just simple folks with simple tastes , so no big stars on our menu arrangements

NoName

AFF Supporter
We purposely decided to fly back via Syd just so we could see first hand the new suites cabin .... when I say we, I mean me. mrsamaroo couldn't give a rats :) This means we have a full day in Singapore - some more good food coming our way :)

Did the same last year and why not! I was a first time Suites flyer too. JFK-SIN old suites, SIN-SYD new suites. Will be interested to hear your thoughts.

OATEK

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
So when do you head out?

Unlike @love_the_life we still love Paris. There for a couple of nights in September before jumping in a car to tour Picardy, Normandy and Brittany for a couple of weeks.

LadyC

AFF Supporter
Will be reading intently for any good Paris tips for our upcoming visit in June.

PDog

This means we have a full day in Singapore - some more good food coming our way :)
Firmly in the ‘I love Paris’ camp, but keen to hear where you eat in Singapore. We have 22 hrs there on the way to London in July so looking for lunch between TPR trips (like you on the way home I’m guessing!)

amaroo

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
So when do you head out?

Unlike @love_the_life we still love Paris. There for a couple of nights in September before jumping in a car to tour Picardy, Normandy and Brittany for a couple of weeks.
There are plenty of us ;) Leaving in a couple of weeks .... original trip had us leaving in a few days.

Your trip sounds good - doing a TR? Been to two of those destinations, but only driven through Picardy. Would be good to read about it.

Last edited:

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
srs56