Overseas SIM card data only | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Overseas SIM card data only

ffhound

Hi all
I'm just about to head overseas for 4 weeks visiting Hong Kong, uk, France, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Czechia and Singapore. I'm looking for a good value data card with say 3-5gb of data that can be used in all these countries.
Can anyone recommend a good multination data only SIM? I plan to use a Skype telephone number with the SIM so have no need of a telephone SIM.

Cheers Peter

moa999

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Assuming HK is the first stop worth looking at some of the offerings their.

From memory 3 has some roaming focussed SIMs with decent amounts of data.

For under 1GB I'd recommend Flexiroam but it gets expensive at 3+GB

Last edited:

kpc

AFF Supporter
Hi all
I'm just about to head overseas for 4 weeks visiting Hong Kong, uk, France, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Czechia and Singapore. I'm looking for a good value data card with say 3-5gb of data that can be used in all these countries.
Can anyone recommend a good multination data only SIM? I plan to use a Skype telephone number with the SIM so have no need of a telephone SIM.

Cheers Peter
How about this one from an Aussie retailer? Europe & UK Travel SIM Card | 71 Countries | 12GB | 30 Days

ffhound

I ended up getting this because it also covers Hong Kong and Singapore (my stopovers)

cheers Peter

Reactions: kpc

Pleb Status

AFF Supporter
You have to watch out for some of these SIM cards as they have to be activated in their country of origin first (UK for instance).

I have recently swapped over to the new Optus SIM only plan at the discounted $40/mth and it has worked well internationally so far (excluding the absolute incompetence on the contractual side of things).

pyffii

Flights
My Map
Bought a 3 sim data only from Sims and first activated in Greece and used it successfully in Italy,France, Spain and was sort of ok in Portugal....only because would only connect to 4G and hopeless for 3G....Would I buy it again ?...YES

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklight72