Option to Switch from Altitude Rewards to Qantas Points

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramboflyer

Received an e-mail from Westpac outlining changes where a card holder can switch from Altitude Rewards to Qantas points and vice versa subject to terms and conditions.

I don't know if this as another outcome of the banking royal commission but I would think it has to be a good thing if flexibility is needed when booking an award flight time comes along.

"From 1 March 2019, we will be giving the option for customers holding an Altitude Platinum Mastercard, Altitude Mastercard, Altitude Platinum Plus Visa, or Altitude Platinum Plus Mastercard, to switch from the Altitude Qantas to Altitude Rewards program and from the Altitude Rewards to Altitude Qantas program, subject to the terms of the Altitude Terms and Conditions (Altitude Terms) and the Altitude Qantas Terms and Conditions (Altitude Qantas Terms)"

I remember when I went through a switch several years ago there was no problem when I switched from Altitude to Qantas. A few months later and I asked to switch back and they wanted to charge me the full annual fee from then on and not the reduced fee I had been paying.

In the end the branch manager got involved and told me that she would allow it this time but if I switched again I would lose my reduced fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back