Opening Bank Account in US from Australia (US resident/AU citizen)

Status
Not open for further replies.

christanil

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with opening a Bank account in the US from Australia?
I noted HSBC said this was possible however they were charging a $200 fee. Now as a just graduated student who is heading over for a graduate appointment I would very much like to minimise my expenses!

So if anyone knew of any methodologies/or banks who would be able to open an account in the US from here without such a hefty fee or a minimal fee would be much appreciated!

Best,

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with opening a Bank account in the US from Australia?
I noted HSBC said this was possible however they were charging a $200 fee. Now as a just graduated student who is heading over for a graduate appointment I would very much like to minimise my expenses!

So if anyone knew of any methodologies/or banks who would be able to open an account in the US from here without such a hefty fee or a minimal fee would be much appreciated!

Best,

How did you get on with your efforts christanil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back