Offer of 50% bonus for Velocity points redeemed from ANZ in May

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgichard

Just received this 50% offer on Velocity points redeemed from ANZ in May. I'd take it up pronto if it were KF points, but I don't have a Velocity account and travel only on SQ. Could it be worth my while to open a Velocity account just for this offer and then convert the Velocity points to KF points, which I understand can now be done? As I recall it isn't 1:1 Velocity : KrisFlyer so maybe I wouldn't gain much if anything. But is there a difference also in expiry, so that points could be warehoused in the Velocity account and only transferred to KF when needed?

1.35 to 1 conversion VFF to KF
ie 70000 VFF points = 51851 KF

you would want to make sure that the conversion works for you. A SQ flight that costs 56000 KF points, will cost 70000 VFF points if booked through Virgin, so you lose out if you convert it.

Just received this 50% offer on Velocity points redeemed from ANZ in May. I'd take it up pronto if it were KF points, but I don't have a Velocity account and travel only on SQ. Could it be worth my while to open a Velocity account just for this offer and then convert the Velocity points to KF points, which I understand can now be done? As I recall it isn't 1:1 Velocity : KrisFlyer so maybe I wouldn't gain much if anything. But is there a difference also in expiry, so that points could be warehoused in the Velocity account and only transferred to KF when needed?

It would be well worth it at the moment with the bonus 50%, Velocity to Kris is 1.35:1 normally and not worth it, but with the bonus you're looking at an extra 11% Kris miles.

6000 ANZ = 4500 Velocity with bonus = 3333 Krisflyer miles (ANZ to Kris directly = 3000 KF miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back