No More Accor Advantage Plus for Amex Plat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phamid

Intern
I just noticed this:

"Enjoy complimentary membership in the Accor Advantage Plus program[SUP]17[/SUP] until 30 September 2015."

I spoke with Amex and they mentioned that their partnership with Accor was set to expire then and nothing has been announced since (renewal or otherwise). Certainly a blow if it goes, one of the reasons I got this card.

Thoughts?

I just noticed this:

"Enjoy complimentary membership in the Accor Advantage Plus program[SUP]17[/SUP] until 30 September 2015."

I spoke with Amex and they mentioned that their partnership with Accor was set to expire then and nothing has been announced since (renewal or otherwise). Certainly a blow if it goes, one of the reasons I got this card.

Thoughts?
Received an email last night from Accor saying that they were going to renew.

I flagged this issue some time back in one of the Amex threads about the value of the Platinum charge. I guess we had all better claim the complimentary night before Sept.

What a bummer - certainly another nail in the coffin for Amex Platinum Charge if Accor Adv Plus is not renewed, I just can't believe the devaluation in benefits over the last few years and all this with the increase in annual fee from $900 to $1,200 !!

Not to mention the Plat status was also useful for Pullman lounge access...

Hopefully the benefit will continue ....

I am presuming they are saying you can claim the membership till sept therefore the free night and full membership will be valid for a year from then.

I am presuming they are saying you can claim the membership till sept therefore the free night and full membership will be valid for a year from then.

Indeed however for those of us that took up the Accor Adv Plus offer when it first opened (October 2013 from memory) that could mean no more Accor Adv Plus and/or Accor Platinum status once the current membership expires in October 2015... in the same way as the Cathay Pacific Gold status benefit disappeared.

Anyway let's wait and see what the marketing gurus at AMEX come up with - one thing for sure, if this is the case they better come up with a new compelling offer, the Accor Adv Plus & Accor Platinum combo is hard to beat if you can direct your travel budget accordingly. In my case it was definitely a win-win situation as I spent over 30 nights in Accor hotels during the last 12 months and really enjoyed the benefits, in the past I hardly ever stayed in Accor properties as I used Starwood instead...

Reading the Accor Advantage Plus website and it said that your membership expires on your month it states on your card (i.e. Feb/2016). So I assume that I can use my complimentary night till the end of Feb 2016 (which is when I have booked for). This should not take into account if I decide to cancel Amex platinum card by October?

Reading the Accor Advantage Plus website and it said that your membership expires on your month it states on your card (i.e. Feb/2016). So I assume that I can use my complimentary night till the end of Feb 2016 (which is when I have booked for). This should not take into account if I decide to cancel Amex platinum card by October?

Correct. Your membership will not be revoked at the end of September, but if Amex don't renew their partnership, you'll have till Feburary to use the free night.

I expire at the end of Oct 2015, so hopefully the program will renew for another 2 yrs with Amex or I will be worse off given my fee is due end of July 2015......

I do find it a good benefit, the free night coupled with my Plat credit card free night I can normally get two nights out of it.

It looks like AMEX is now separating references to "Accord Advantage Plus" membership and "Accor Platinum" status...

Enjoy complimentary membership in the Accor Advantage Plus(17) program until 30 September 2015.

Complimentary enrolment into elite tier of hotel partner programs including Club Carlson, Starwood preferred Guest, Le club Accorhotels(17)

(17) Enrolment is required and available from 1 October 2013 until 30 September 2015. Complimentary membership is annual within the benefit validity after which standard eligibility criteria applies. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Advantage Plus member at time of booking. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor hotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card member or your account is not in good standing. Click here for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made using your membership e-certificate at accoradvantageplus.com or through Accor Reservation Services. Any reservations made via Accor Reservation Services will incur a booking fee. A maximum of one e-certificate can be used per consecutive stay.

... so it looks like AMEX will drop renewals for Accord Advantage Plus after 30/09/2015 and will maintain Accor elite (hopefully Platinum) status after that date.

I recall the Accor Plat status being offered before the Advantage Plus scheme, so not sure that you can read anything into that.

Had a stay at the Bris Novotel as Plat status (thanks to Amex) in April 2013 before the Adv Plus came along.

Just covering with a two year agreement with Accor Adv Plus I would say, hopefully it will be renewed with the Plat charge card.

I recall the Accor Plat status being offered before the Advantage Plus scheme, so not sure that you can read anything into that.

Had a stay at the Bris Novotel as Plat status (thanks to Amex) in April 2013 before the Adv Plus came along.

Just covering with a two year agreement with Accor Adv Plus I would say, hopefully it will be renewed with the Plat charge card.

Yes HOPEFULLY it will - I sure am enjoying it while it lasts... let's hope the folks at AMEX don't "enhance" our benefits once again ;)

I hope that the relatively recent price rise from $900->$$$$1200 with the promise of increased benefits remains in the conscousness of Amex management. I am still noting the loss of the Cathay Pacific Gold status benefit and not seeing anything to re-establish the value proposition (I do not use the golf benefit). Loss of Accor Advantage Plus (if it occurs) would be a further erosion making the $1200 annual fee questionable value.

I hope that the relatively recent price rise from $900->$$$$1200 with the promise of increased benefits remains in the conscousness of Amex management. I am still noting the loss of the Cathay Pacific Gold status benefit and not seeing anything to re-establish the value proposition (I do not use the golf benefit). Loss of Accor Advantage Plus (if it occurs) would be a further erosion making the $1200 annual fee questionable value.

+1 and don't forget the complimentary AMEX Platinum Reserve (and its free flight) is no longer available for new applicants...

+1 and don't forget the complimentary AMEX Platinum Reserve (and its free flight) is no longer available for new applicants...

Really? When did that happen? I got approved for my complimentary reserve back in January.

Really? When did that happen? I got approved for my complimentary reserve back in January.

It's no longer officially listed as a benefit for the Platinum Charge card (since late 2014 from memory) and AMEX won't give one to new applicants unless you specifically ask for it... actually if you check the AMEX website the Reserve is no longer listed among the available cards.

Anybody got any more news on the Accor Plus for Plat card holders?

I did note that Accor Plus now has a new CEO (We are excited to introduce the new CEO for Accor Plus, Dino Mezzatesta), not sure where he is based, but was going to email Accor Plus to see if they are going to continue with Amex Plat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back